Chapter 20

Aeliana walked through the halls, in search for Darius but instead of finding him, she came across the brother she didn't want to see.

"Oh, it's you." Claud snickered as he noticed her presence.

She didn't respond to him and tried to walk past him however Claud had different plans. He stood in front of her, blocking her way. She raised an eyebrow and tried to move to the other side but he did the same, blocking her again.

"..."

"You think you're gonna walk past me that easily?" he taunted but Aeliana wasn't fazed and continued trying to past him.

After countless back and forths, Aeliana decided on her final option. She looked up at Claud who didn't seem to be backing away either.

"Just give up, you can't get past me—"

Before Claud finished his sentence, Aeliana got on all fours and crawled between Claud's legs which were spread out.

He looked at her in shock, not expecting the turn of events, and right before he could speak, Aeliana quickly dashed away.

Once she was far enough, she slowed down and returned to walking. She headed into the library, in hopes of finding Darius. Lucky for her, she found Darius but noticed another figure beside him.

Aeliana pondered for a bit before deciding to head inside. Darius was the first one to notice her presence and smiled.

"Aeliana,"

"Hello brother." she greeted and sat on his left side.

She turned to Leon who was sitting opposite Darius and smiled at him, "Hello Leon."

Darius stared at Aeliana with wide eyes, not expecting her to greet their first brother without any formalities. Leon's eye twitched before looking away.

"Hm." he coldly responded.

A brief silence filled the air before Aeliana broke it as she turned to Darius and pointed at the book he had been reading.

"Brother, what book are you reading?"

"I'm reading about the history of how mana came to be."

"History of mana?"

"Yes, would you like to read it with me?"

"Yes please, brother." Aeliana happily replied, leaning closer to Darius to read.

"Let me know if you can't understand anything,"

"Thank you brother, you're the best!"

Darius had a bashful smile on his face when she said those words.

As the two read the book together, Leon glanced at them. The two were quietly whispering to one another, giggling on and off. Leon felt slightly irritated by this but sighed and continued reading his book.

While Aeliana continued reading with Darius, she hadn't forgotten what she came here for. She lightly tugged his sleeve, bringing his gaze over to her instead of the book.

"What's wrong, Aeliana?" Darius asked gently.

"Was there a word you didn't understand?"

Aeliana shook her head, "No, it's not that brother, I actually wanted to ask you about another thing."

Darius placed the book down on the table and shifted his body, facing her directly before saying, "Is it about this morning?"

She nodded, "Yes brother. I wanted to know why you said no to a big party."

"Well.." he scratched the cheek lightly, "I never liked big parties."

"Really?"

Aeliana felt a bit surprised by his statement as she could still remember Marius and him would often go to large celebrations if they were ever given an invitation.

Darius sheepishly smiled as he asked Aeliana, "Is it shocking?"

She paused for a moment before shaking her head. Upon getting to know Darius more in-depth since she returned back in time, it wasn't something that was shocking as his personality sided more to being an indoor type of person.

"Marius is still mad at me?" he asked her.

Aeliana took another moment before answering truthfully, "More than mad, I think brother is sad and confused."

Darius blinked, "Really?"

She nodded in response, "Brother Marius seems to not know why brother said no to a big party."

Darius hummed in reply before getting lost in his thoughts for a while. He then sighed and said,

"He wouldn't understand why I don't like them."

Aeliana tilted her head to the right and questioned him; "Why wouldn't he?"

"Because Marius and I are very different... he likes swords but I don't, he likes the outdoors but I prefer indoors. Marius and I are... nothing alike."

As Darius spoke, his voice grew softer and his smile faded, leaving only a blank yet hurt expression on his face. Aeliana didn't know what to say but made him feel better.

"Even if you and Marius are different, what is wrong with that?" Leon suddenly spoke, gaining both Aeliana's and Darius' attention.

"..What do you mean brother?" Darius quietly asked.

Leon leaned back on his chair and continued, "You and Marius are different but that doesn't mean he won't understand you. You two are twins and isn't there a saying about how twins have a special bond?"

Darius understood Leon's words and got up from his chair, and said; "I will be going first, sorry."

Aeliana shook her head while Leon waved his hand.

"It's okay brother, you have something to do right?"

"Yes.."

"Everything will go well, don't worry brother." Aeliana curled her hands into fists and lightly lifted them up.

Darius smiled and nodded before leaving the library to find Marius. Aeliana glanced over at Leon who continued reading after Darius left.

"What is it?" he questioned, his eyes never gazing at her.

"Nothing..."

Aeliana didn't expect him to say those things. Although the tone was cold, the words he had spoken were kind and helped Darius to gather his courage, and talk to Marius. She giggled softly before saying,

"You look cold and scary but you're quite caring."

Leon gaze up from his book to her with a puzzled expression; "What?"

Aeliana shook her head and got up from her seat. She smiled at Leon before waving goodbye, "I will be leaving first, bye bye!"

She didn't wait for Leon to reply and left the library, humming to a random tune that popped into her head. Leon watched her with a bizarre look plastered.

"..Bye bye...?"

---

Author's note: Wow! 20 chapters already >< thank you for sticking around although there aren't many chapters at this moment. I love making Leon look confused by Aeliana it makes me grin like an idiot hehe