Chap 4 - Our new reality. (Part 2)

|

|

|

|

|

• Outside the police station_

Two men are sitting on a bench quietly, Kanaye, still have the bandage on his head, has his arms on his knees while staring into nothing. His co-worker, Tsukauchi, still gauzes on his face and left hand, is leaning back on the bench instead. He's waiting for the red head to speak his mind, but soon he finds himself, too, deep in thought.

> Tsukauchi: "/Now Boboiboy is talking to the Commissioners himself. Whatever the kid chooses, it won't matter much to them. Not when they got a glance of his wild performance that day.../"

He's staring at the tree above his head. The light is trying to shine through the small spaces shaped by the barely-dancing leaves, it makes him feel peaceful. It seems, worrying is not helping the situation better.

> Tsukauchi: "/There's no use in thinking now./"

But for the moment he has another matter at hand, having a Kanaye being contemplative isn't a thing you would see every day. After a moment, the guy raises his head a bit, but doesn't give Tsukauchi a look, he finally starts.

> Kanaye: "So,... You're not invited?"

The detective can see his concern for the boy through his eyes. Obviously, the guy is worried, or so maybe he thought. It could perhaps the red head just doesn't like the fact that the Commission is looking for quirk-gifted kids, again, and guiding them to become their 'special' heroes. Nether less, Tsukauchi casually replies.

> Tsukauchi: "I wouldn't be here if they let me. What's on your mind?"

Kanaye gives it a thought before answering. He speaks low.

> Kanaye: "..."

                     "(The kid... when I catch him...)"

                    "(He reminded me of something.)"

It was a memory that the boy brought back to him. The way that the kid held the bot for his dear life is like how he used to hold a police cap when he was younger. He held it tight to his body as larger shadows loomed over him, laughter of children can be heard in the background as Kanaye took a step back on the grass. His clothing is all dirty, and bruises are all over him, yet he gave out a dagger look to the others, protecting the cap with all his courage and might.

This was something that he played in his head plenty of times now. But he keeps finding it comes back as a reminder. Relieved from the memory, he just glares.

> Kanaye: "(...Something that I always know.)"

Tsukauchi looks at him, thinking of what could have flashed through his mind.

> Tsukauchi: "Look. If you want BBB to become a police officer then-"

Kanaye turns to Tsukauchi and cuts him off but ends up stuttering.

> Kanaye: "No- I don't mean that. Uh-, I mean, yes! Normally I would, but...*inhale*, not this one."

Now the detective gets confused. Every time he sees him with children he always says, 'Polices are a lot cooler than heroes.' or 'They are the ones truly valiant!', said that it's best to join the police force. But it seems that he got another reason.

Kanaye on the other hand turns his head away, seemingly trying to calm himself. He then turns back and looks at him, sitting up more properly while doing so.