Pizza

As Tom had expected, week eight months, two weeks didn't even get as far as having a dinner scheduled. Apparently investigators and potential witnesses came before family, so Mr. Galpin was kept in the dark for one week longer.

At least none of the tabloids had picked up Wednesday's pregnancy. It was probably a combination of two main factors- the fact that Tyler hadn't Hyded seriously for years meant that the tabloids really weren't that interested in him anymore, and then Wednesday's small baby bump was easily hidden under a loose sweater or dress.

They hadn't really been in the public eye that much, either, largely not going to any high-profile events.

The week after that- eight months, three weeks- came with a canceled dinner. Tom sounded exasperated as he delivered the news.

"That really is ridiculous," Wednesday said after Tyler had thanked Tom and hung up. "And after he made such a fuss about wanting you to live in Jericho instead of New York! He sees you about as much as he would if we were in there."

"It's all about knowing that he could visit easily if he wanted to." Tyler made a face at his phone. "Just like how he wanted me to live at home, but then never ate dinner with me, and never dropped in to chat when I was back from New York. He just wants to know that he would have the option."

He sighed, wishing that his mom was still around. She would have been way better about spending time with them. But there was no point on lingering on what-ifs and what-could-have-beens.

"D'you wanna call up Ajax and Enid and see if they want to go out for dinner? My dad isn't the only one who gets to have dinner plans."

"Oh, I like that." Wednesday perked up, nearly upsetting Masha and Sasha, who were competing for her lap space. "Enid's been swearing up and down that her bump is easily twice as big as mine now, and I want to see."

"I'll call them up right away," Tyler promised. "And even if they can't come out, we can go out. It would be nice to have one more date night before Adrienne comes."

As it turned out, Enid and Ajax were free and 100% willing to head out to a casual restaurant for dinner with them.

They hadn't gotten to hang out for a couple weeks, since Enid was still working and also had family visiting from out of town, and baby shopping had taken up all of the time not occupied by that.

And as it turned out, Enid was 100% correct about her baby bump being twice as big as Wednesday's. In fact, twice as big was a bit of an understatement.

"Yeah, you're definitely showing," Wednesday said with a slight smile as they all got settled around the table and accepted their menus from the waitress. "See, that's why I couldn't believe it when the doctor told me that I was already at four and a half months, because that's what I think of when I think of five months along."

"I wish I could just stop at this size," Enid admitted. "It's quite big enough, thanks. Big enough to let people know that I'm pregnant, not just gaining weight, but not quite at balloon stage." She grinned. "But all this pregnancy talk- have you looked at my old blog lately?"

Tyler and Wednesday both blinked at that. "Uh, no?"

"Yeah, a lot of people haven't been, but I've been getting submissions and-look!" Enid pulled out her phone, pulling up the her blog with a few practiced taps. "I mean, I always get photos, because people know that I'll publish them and they like having an audience. But I noticed something last night, so I did a bit of digging!"

Tyler and Wednesday exchanged a nervous look. They didn't know where Enid was going with this, and considering that it was technically them that she was talking about, that wasn't comforting.