Home

A day and a half later, Tyler and Wednesday returned home with Adrienne in tow. The boost of healing magic that Wednesday got from Goody had helped a lot, and even the doctors had seemed a little startled by how soon Wednesday was ready to get up and go home.

"Home horrible home," Wednesday sighed as Tyler unlocked their apartment door. "It'll be nice to not have nurses coming in to pester me all the ti- Masha!"

As soon as the door had opened, Masha had dashed out. She wound herself around Wednesday's legs, then reared up to place her front paws on Wednesday's thigh and peer into the baby carrier. She meowed loudly, then tried to stick her face in the carrier.

Wednesday hurried to set it down before Masha could accidentally upset Adrienne. The cat immediately started sniffing at Adrienne, purring as she did.

"Auntie Masha, already getting to know Adrienne," Tyler joked, trying to nudge Adrienne's carrier in the door so that they could get in the apartment. "C'mon, Masha, let us in- oh, here comes Sasha!"

"You get the cats, and I'll carry Adrienne in," Wednesday suggested. "Then they can investigate. Maybe I'll hold her, just to make sure that they don't overwhelm her."

Tyler nodded, crouching down to scoop up one cat under each arm. They both meowed in protest, but it didn't take much time at all to get into the apartment and get the door closed behind them.

He let the cats down as Wednesday sat down on the couch, pulling Adrienne out of the baby carrier and settling down with her. It wasn't long at all before Masha was up next to Wednesday, sniffing carefully at Adrienne.

Sasha had been distracted by a treat in the kitchen, so Tyler settled down on Wednesday's other side.

"I'm glad the cats seem to like Adrienne," Tyler commented. He grinned as Adrienne's flailing hands nudged into Masha's head, and their cat patiently nosed at the tiny hands.

"And I'm glad that we took my mother's advice and got that thing to go over the top of the crib. Considering how clingy Masha was when I was pregnant, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to get into the crib. And Adrienne is far too young for that."

"She seems to like Masha, though." Tyler grinned at his two girls as Adrienne let out a gurgly giggle at Masha's nuzzle. "We won't need to get a babysitter at all if we go out."

"If you can train Masha to change a diaper, then I'll consider leaving her with Adrienne," Wednesday said with a smile.

"Besides, I think my parents have called dibs on babysitting, as long as we don't stay out too late. Father still doesn't want to leave his morning baker helpers or Pugsley on their own without supervision, even though he's had them for a couple years now."

"Yeah, they've mentioned that before. They've gotten more staff, haven't they? One or two?" Tyler grinned as Adrienne giggled at Masha again, then refocused on his lovely wife.

She was smiling as she watched their baby and their older cat interact, but he could tell that she was still tired.

He couldn't blame her, because that whole birthing process seemed like really hard work. "I know your mom has someone else doing the counter more."

"They want to have time to experiment with recipes and also have the time to visit Adrienne, now that she's been born." Wednesday dipped down to press a kiss to Adrienne's forehead. "They'll keep working, of course, but they want to not be working quite such long hours every day. So yeah, more staff helps with that."

"Right, they don't ever really have a day off, do they?" Tyler held out a finger for Adrienne to grab at. He grinned when her flailing fist knocked against his hand instead. She was just too cute. "Did the your dads old shop just close when you were born, then, or...?"

"A friend of the family- Father's mentor, actually- came over to do a lot of the supervising so that father could help mother." Wednesday nudged Masha away when Adrienne started to fuss. "He was just semi-retired at the time, so he could spare the time and he was willing to do it, too.

And since we live right above the bakery, it wasn't as though Father couldn't just run back upstairs to help if he went down to the bakery to help for a bit. And- oh, I think Adrienne needs changing again."

"I can do it," Tyler volunteered at once, holding his arms out for Adrienne. "You can rest."

"I'll come watch you. I was a little too out of it in the hospital to catch everything that they were saying about how to do the changing and that is definitely something that I should know how to do."

Wednesday handed Adrienne to Tyler before standing up herself. "Though I did notice that they showed you how to do the changing several times."

Tyler grinned as he led the way back to Adrienne's room. "Yeah, I was trying to do the same thing that your dad said he did with you, with seeing how long I could get the nurses to do the changing. They caught on pretty quickly, though."

Wednesday smiled. "Oh, the trick where they come around and ask if you've been taught how to change a diaper, and you play dumb? How many times did you get away with it?"

"Five, including the actual first time. Your dad said that I'm just an awful liar and that's why they caught on so early."

Tyler snickered as he got Adrienne settled on the changing table. "He said that he got away with it until the same nurses came back for their shifts the next day and they knew that they had already taught him."

"And they saw from the records that I had been born the previous day anyway, so even if they didn't specifically remember him, they knew that he should have already been taught."

Wednesday giggled. "He's just good at playing clueless. And he's good at not being a good influence, clearly. He's going to be the one spoiling Adrienne with cookies and cake every time we visit."

"He's just excited to be a grandfather. Which is understandable, because I'm excited to be a father." Tyler beamed down at Adrienne.

"I'll be using my full paternity leave for sure, and then maybe some vacation time after that so that you can get a decent amount of rest. We'll play it by ear for sure. I don't want you feeling like you're doing things on your own."

Wednesday beamed up at him. "I know, and I appreciate it so, so much. Things might be hard at first, and I'm sure we'll have some days that are tough, but I know we can handle this together."

"Together," Tyler agreed. He held up a fist, and he and Wednesday bumped fists in their signature move. "Now let's get Adrienne changed, and then maybe we can sneak a nap in before we start getting visitors again."

————————————————————
Fin

This is the last chapter ^^
Hope you guys enjoyed!!