Its time

Nine months, two days. Wednesday felt her first contraction early in the morning and spent most of the day alternating between pacing and attempting to watch a movie with Tyler, trying to keep her mind off of things until it was time to go to the hospital.

They still hadn't told Mr. Galpin that she was pregnant. They had had a dinner scheduled with him that later in the evening and he had yet to call it off (in large part thanks to Tom's efforts), but-

"No, we can go!"

Tyler groaned as he looked at his stubborn wife, who had gotten dressed for dinner instead of resting like she needed to be doing. She had kept moving throughout the day, even as the contractions slowly got longer and closer together. "Love, you're going to need to go to the hospital soon."

"I can manage ten minutes of dinner first!" Wednesday insisted. "Then we can tell him, and then we can get out of there!

Tyler buried his face in his hands and groaned louder.

"You know that it'll probably be hours yet before Adrienne comes," Wednesday continued, and Tyler knew there was no talking her out of it. "I'm still in early labor!"

"Only just barely," Tyler pointed out, but it wasn't a protest any more. They had been married long enough- and Tyler had known Wednesday for long enough- to know when he just needed to go along with Wednesday's plans and try to make it work the best he could.

"We're going to have to time it right so that we go in right after a contraction winds up, though, unless we want to tip my dad off right away."

"As long as I don't have to do any talking, I can probably hide the contractions well enough that your father won't notice right off the bat," Wednesday told him. "He doesn't pay that much attention to us, so we can probably get away with it."

Tyler cringed. She was right. Unless they were talking about something that his dad was interested in, he usually was distracted. They could totally get away with it. They had time. It would be fine. They just had to be quick about it.

And then the Gorilla got delayed in traffic on his way to pick them up, and the elevator took forever to come once he arrived. They had to maneuver their way around a group blocking the door, and finally they were in the car and on their way over, over an hour after they had planned to leave initially.

Wednesday's contractions were coming just under five minutes apart. The Gorilla gave her a concerned look as Tyler helped her into the car.

"She's in labor," Tyler helpfully explained as he got in, settling their hospital bag at his feet. "But we thought we might as well tell dad that she's pregnant first."

To his credit, the Gorilla only sighed and turned his attention back to the road to look for an opening so that he could pull out. He had seen enough that it didn't even faze him, which was pretty impressive.

Or, as Tyler figured out several minutes later, the Gorilla had thought that they meant early early labor, as in only just starting out or an hour in. His glances in the rearview mirror got progressively more stressed out as Wednesday went through another round of contractions, then another as they worked their way towards the mansion, weaving through the slowly disintegrating traffic jam.

"Wednesday, that was three minutes," Tyler said, frowning as he checked his watch. "As was the last one, and they're lasting for a minute each. We really need to go to the hospital."

"We haven't told your father, though," Wednesday gritted out, clearly no longer able to hide her contraction. "And we're nearly there-"

"With this traffic, I don't think we can spare ten minutes to play family dinner with my dad," Tyler pointed out. "Wens. Please."