Chapter 2: The Dark Arrives

Summary:

Learn about The Dark and the Keaakala people.
The Dark has arrived. Twenty years before refugees from a world torn apart by The Dark arrive, they barely escape with their lives. Now the Dark has invaded the Keaakalan people. The Dark is Coming!

The prophecy

The Dark has come, and now we flee

Worlds will fall. Who can see?

Twenty-Four with Lifemate to stand robust

In them, we must entrust

They must choose to serve, to hear our call

By his decree, their birth untwined

The one arrived with two combine

Aya borrowed by Zeus from the fates own two

Next must find her brothers Jax, and Nu

Find the twelve, find the dark

Before evil leaves its mark.

                                                  The Arrival

When The Dark woke in Keāa Kala, it began searching for its first human host. The first human it came across was a farmer. Upon entering its new host, it was solid and extremely healthy.

It knew this host would last long enough to accomplish its plan that it always used to begin conquering a new world. The farmer's name was Michael. The Dark searched the human's memories and saw that the people of this world were different from other humans.

Their light was more robust, brighter, and fit better in their bodies. The Dark had seen that these humans had power and could fight him if he just began slaughtering them as it usually did.

The Dark had a plan that would take time to complete, and the farmer was just the host he would need to accomplish what it needed. The Dark directed Michael to the nearest town. Michael almost broke free of the dark a couple of times, but it firmly held its grip on him.

The Dark realized it was dealing with a race of people it might not be able to destroy and control entirely. This was troublesome. This may be a world he could not forcibly control, but it would have to be increasingly devious to destroy them.

They reached the edge of the main village on earth island.

The Dark forced it to show him what he needed to know. He continued o into the village proper and watched as he saw more people using powers he had never seen before.

The Dak suddenly was afraid in its heart. Did it have one? It knew the island it was on was earth island as they traversed through the crowded marketplace. The Dark made Michael stand on a bench.

"Attention, friends, I have news," Michael yelled.

He looked around and waited for everyone to gather around. After The Dark was confident that enough humans surrounded Michael, he began proselytizing.

"Please, friends, I have good news! A new god has shown himself to me, wanting to come and help us create a better world. It has promised that it intends to live in harmony with our people. I told him we would welcome him and that he would arrive in ten days."

Michael gushed to everyone around him. The crowd excitedly clapped their hands and ran off to spread the word. The Dark was initially taken aback by how few words were taken as truth, and the news was already being spread.