Chapter 8: The Five Arrive

Summary:

The Five Royals descended on the Arean to see if Xiyang Qi was Aya's Lifemate. Soon after the two eyes met, the Lifemate Thrall had begun, but it was nothing like what her people had experienced in the past. What does it mean? Will she get her answers from the Other Mothers? What spell had been cast on Nu, and how would that affect him until he turned 21 and met his lifemate?

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for .)

Chapter Text

Aya marveled at each feeling that, for lack of a better word, came online through her newly formed lifemate bond. Aya knew this was what life was supposed to be like. She felt full. She finally felt like she fit in her skin.

"So, this is how it feels for your lifemate to fill your entire being. How did I ever live without it? I thought I was happy and fulfilled, but now I realize I was empty. I feel complete for the first time in my life. There always seemed to be something missing," Aya gripped Nu's sleeve, her eyes bright with tears.

She knew her brother would understand her joy and open it to him so he could feel just a little of what she was experiencing. This was the one thing that he craved the most with Zee.

She would not be selfish and not let him know how it felt. He would have done the same thing if their situations had been reversed.

Did she do the wrong thing? Did she create a longing that can't be quenched and interfere with what has been put in place to ease Nu's suffering?

She would not second guess when it came to Nu. She would push the negativity out of her mind. It will give him something to look forward to even if he forgets something as crucial to him as Zee.

Maybe it will relieve some of her guilt about what would be done. Not that they would come out of it unscathed. They all agreed to forget Zee. They would suffer the consequences of their actions and their part in all of this.

"Focus, daughter, your lifemate awaits," The fates scolded.

Suitably chastised, she closed her bond with Nu and opened her lifemate bond. Her eyes flew open, and her gaze met her lifemates once again.

Aya could tell what he was experiencing was what she lived with her whole life. He was born human, and until his conversion, this had to feel alien to him.

She needed to wait until he jumped up to her mood. She could feel her lifemate bond growing and maturing in mere minutes. Soon, they will have all the necessary connections for a fully functional lifemate bond.

Qi and the other bonds he had since birth will begin their connections and will come online after conversion. He was of their race but was restricted by his elder's choices. He was in for a big surprise about how to control them.

For those Keaakalan who had been lost to them to the human world, they had to sacrifice parts of the bond. That did not stop the parents from sharing their culture and island, much like the missing royals and mates.

They did not know the bond existed other than the unusual bond between their parents. When it was time, most of the children would return to find their lifemate assimilated easily to all the background noise their bonds created.

Once back on Keaakalan soil, their bonds would engage, and like an electric circuit, their people's current surged through them. One of the things people who had left the island gave up was the connection to their people for their freedom to roam the world.