Chapter 4: Aya's Real-World Problems

Summary:

Aya has finished a concert in their hometown Phoenix and is ready to fly to China with her brothers and father for some leisure time plus She was booked for the next three months doing E-Sports events to promote the brand new Shanghai Xīyáng E-Sports Center. With her crew loading up, Aya escapes from her stalker fan and pro gamer Zhao Yìchén. She was now eighteen, and her search for her lifemate had begun. With her parents and brother's approval, she is now in a race against time to find him. According to the other mothers, she must find him immediately, but she has no idea where to start. She has had a crush on Xīyáng Qi since she was twelve. It was a good place as any to start. Her parents had told her how the lifemate bond worked and what she needed to do. Time was ticking. Will she find love with the first man who stole her heart long ago?

Nu would not let a pat on the head go. He pulled Aya's arms around him and happily hummed. She could feel his light being pushed into her, and she relaxed and closed her eyes again for a few seconds as she caressed his hair.

His light was exceptional and only to him. No one in all the world had anything like his light. He was the one Keaakalan to have all five affinities. If you were the target of his light, it felt like nothing you ever felt. The euphoria and the feeling of being special were pushed into every cell of your body.

He could soothe, heal, and fix that which is broken in all living things. Every year his powers shifted, and he had to learn how to control the power boost he received at midnight on his birthday.

Usually, he could adapt quickly, but not on this twelfth birthday.

He began having problems, and they worked day and night to help him. The whole family could not believe what had happened when Nu entered the garden.

The fruits and vegetables began growing around him, and their entire landscape looked like it was out of the short movie Attack of the Giant Vegetables. It was ridiculous.

One apple could make three apple pies. That year they had canned and preserved so much that they all were exhausted but well stocked if the zombie apocalypse happened. They only let Nu step back into the garden once he regained control.

At school, he was to only step on artificial surfaces until they had his power under control again. They did not want people to think plants were taking over the world. If all the siblings had powershifts this strong, they would be in trouble.

None had anything close to what Nu went through. Secretly they were happy for themselves but worried for their baby brother. The life he was destined to live was a hard one.

Thankfully, he didn't miss a class since universities were concrete jungles, and he just avoided grass areas. If anyone looked up at the trees, it was almost like they bowed to him as he passed and were attracted to his bright light.

As each year passed, he became more powerful. They were still learning all he could do, but old stories they read say he is even more. They would deal with it as it came. They had all the people and family behind them, and this was all for a reason.

Maybe they are given to him at stages in his life so that he isn't overcome. Once, they tried asking the other mothers but received silence as their reply. They knew something but didn't want to tell or couldn't tell them. The siblings learned they were on their own.

For Aya, she knew her path in life was set and with no deviation. Find her siblings, protect Nu, and find her lifemate. Those were the essential things, and it was hard to do when she had issues living outside. When she lived on the islands of Keāa Kala, life was easy.