The Bet

It's the first day of classes. Students with Eden crests in their uniforms swarm the grand hallways leading to their mini auditorium-like classrooms. In it, two blonde males around 17 years of age walked alongside a dark-haired olive green-eyed male, turning heads of students as he walked regally.

"It seems you may have gotten taller again, Bossman," said Ewen, the guy on the left.

"I may have, yes," Damian replied.

"Ten years forward, you, Ewen, still cling onto that gel you swear by for additional inches. I'm surprised it could still hold your bread of crowning glory." Emile remarked.

"I just have a sense of style unlike you, Elman," Ewen replied with a frown.

The boys eventually entered the Cecile Hall classroom, bustling with faces they have known for a decade. Damian noticed Ewen's inquisitive flipping of the head as if he was looking for someone. Emile, on the other hand, was having a glaring contest with Becky Blackbell after he caught her rolling her eyes as they entered.

Seeing their behaviors unworthy of his attention, Damian decided to ignore them all as he sat on his seat overlooking the hall, his friends joining him on his sides.

"Blackbell's never gonna be cute if she keeps glaring like that at us," Emile's head stretched in Ewen's direction.

Ewen nodded. "She'll always be annoying. By the way, I'm winning on our bet on Forger."

"Oh no no, I will win. Again."

Damian's eyes widened, his eyebrows raised. What on earth are these two morons betting over that cotton candy girl?

"Oi." Damian crossed his arms and glared at his friends as they faced him.

Emile and Ewen have always been Damian's faithful backup when it comes to insulting Anya. They have always believed that their Bossman hates the girl, which couldn't be any further to the truth, unbeknownst to them. Damian started to get bothered for some unknown reason.

Unable to sense Damian's unease and tension over this bet they were talking about, they decided to let him in on their little secret.

"Sorry, Bossman, we did not include you in this because we know how much you hate the girl. We don't want you to deal with anything Forger-related and make you fume."

Right, you are making me fume right now, idiot!!! What are you doing to my Any- I mean that dumb runt?!

He coughed lightly, expertly suppressing the emotions underneath an uncaring expression. "Oh? So you decided to leave ME, your Bossman, in the dark just because it's something as petty as Forger? And here I never doubted your loyalty..."

"No, not at all. Sorry, Bossman! The truth is..."

"We are betting on how Forger has changed again!" Emile announced.

Damian wore a puzzled expression. "Changed? Again?"

Ewen bobbed his head. "Changed, physically. You know, puberty."

Damian's jaw dropped.

Wh-What?!!!

~~~~~