Too many goodbyes

Rhaenyra had just told her children, they were moving to dragon stone and already had their things packed to go.

"Please mother we should stay." Jaenys pleaded

Rhaenyra and Laenor both told her that this is how it should be and nothing would change with their family.

Jaenys left the room in tears running down the halls. She could hear her father running after her and calling out her name but she did not care. She needed to see him, find him she couldn't leave without telling him goodbye.

Jaenys finally found Aemond in the court yard and attacked him with a hug as tears fell down her face.

"What's the matter?" Aemond asked.

"I'm going to Dragonstone with my family.... Permanently."

Aemonds eyes widened, he felt his heart sink. He felt as if there was a ball stuck in his throat. He didn't want her to go she was all he had and without her he felt alone. He needed her. She was his only friend.

"Don't go please."

Jaenys cupped his face "I wanted to say goodbye I do hope to see you again truly."

They hugged each other tightly for the last time.

"Time to go." Ser Laenor said softly behind them.

Jaenys took her father's hand as Aemond watched her walk away from him.

"Don't go..." He whispered

_____________

Laena Velaryons funeral
_____________

It was a dark day for everyone. Laena Velaryon had was dead. Jaenys did not know Laena very well, only from the stories her father told her.

She looked up at her father who was understandably distraught. She held onto his hand not wanting to let him go through this dark time alone.

It was later and Jaenys was watching her father in the sea swaying from side to side. He was standing there starring down at the water when she felt a hand on her back.

It was Aemond.

She smiled, although it wasn't long since they last saw she did miss her friend. She was alone really. Jacaerys and Luke mourned the death of Ser Harwin.

"I've missed you," she says.

"I've missed you too."

There was a loud roar from Vhagar and they both looked up to the sky to see her.

Rhaenyra came to her daughter telling her to go to bed and take her brothers.

Although Jaenys wanted to spend time with Aemond she listened to her mother.

___________

LATER THAT NIGHT
___________

"Jaenys, wake up someone stole Vhagar,"

"What?" She didn't know who could be so stupid but brave to claim Vhagar. Jaenys, her brothers and cousins rushed down to see who it could be.

"It's him" said Baela.

"Vhagar was my mother's dragon she was mine to claim!" Rhaena said angrily.

"Then you should've claimed her I'm sure your cousins can find you a pig to ride." Aemond replied.

Before Jaenys could say anything her cousin punched Aemond but he hit back harder. She tried holding back her brothers but couldn't, then heard Luke's cry.

She charged at him but he pushed her so hard she hit her head on a rock in the process. He didn't expect her to turn on him to.

Jaenys touched her throbbing and bleeding head then heard Aemonds words calling them bastards and then he screamed. So loud the guards came charging in.

_______________

THE NEXT DAY AFTER THE CONFRONTATION WITH ALICENT
______________

Jaenys had remained abed for the whole day. Her head felt light.

As she was about to lay down once more for the night she heard a heart wrenching scream. She ran out of bed dashing down the halls to see what was happening.

Her grandmother was crying over a burnt body as Corlys scolded his guards.

"Father?" She whispered.

Lord Corlys realized the girl and grabbed her turning her back to the body.

"Don't look child."

But it was to late. She saw her father's burnt body. Unrecognizable. She sobbed and cried. She couldn't believe he was gone just like that.

Lord Corlys stroked the little girls hair mourning his lost children.