Succession

Everyone was gathered in the throne room awaiting for the petitions to be heard

Everyone was gathered in the throne room awaiting for the petitions to be heard. Jaenys felt angry and stressed but she didn't show it, she wanted to support Luke she knew her brother was nervous she knew how he dreaded confrontation she only wanted to be there for her brother and her family. Daeron and Joffery were not present in the room as they were left with the servants in their chambers.

Daemon was on her left and Darion was on her right. It did her no comfort having her husband by her side.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather her with a grim task of dealing with the succession of the Driftwood throne." Otto States as he stands in front of everyone on the throne.

"As hand, I speak with the Kings authority on this and all other matters. The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of house Velaryon." Otto Hightower said as he sat on the throne. Jaenys felt to disgusted seeing him sitting on her grandfather's throne Otto Hightower was only after power.

"My queen. My Lord hand," Vaemond begins. "The history of our Noble houses extend beyond the seven kingdoms to the days of old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies house Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the Doom fell on Valeria our house is became the last of their kind, our forebearers came to this new land knowing that if  they were to fail it would mean the end of the bloodlines and name. I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corly's closest kin, his on blood. The true impeachable blood of house Velaryon runs through my veins."

Jaenys couldn't help but feel a fire in her about to explode. She knew she and her brothers are bastards but who the hell did he think he was. She glanced at Daemon who whispered to her telling her to breathe. Jaenys met eyes with Aemond and she began to calm down.

"As it does in my children the offspring of Laenor Velaryon. If you do care so much about your houses blood Ser Vaemond you would not be so bold to supplant it's a rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and for your own ambition." Rhaenyra states.

"You will have a chance to make your own petition princess Rhaenyra do ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard." Alicent says coldly. Alicent loved this. Rhaenyra shot Alicent a death glare and stayed silent.

"What do you know of Velaryon blood princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and you would still not recognize it." Vaemond shot back.

Jaenys was tired of the constant disrespect to her house.

"Then show us Ser Vaemond, since your blood is so pure, cut your arm, I for one would gladly watch your blood be spilt." Jaenys said smirking.

The court was silent as Vaemond stared  at his bastard niece. He then turned back to Rhaenyra.

"This is about the future and survival of my house not yours. This is a matter of blood not ambition I place the continuation and survival of my house and my line above all. My queen my Lord hand, I humbly put myself before you as my brother successor the Lord of Driftmark and Lord of the tides." He finished giving the floor to Rhaenyra.

"Thank you Ser Vaemond. Princess Rhaenyra you may now speak for your son Lucerys Velaryon." Otto says.

Rhaenyra steps into the center and starts to speak.

"If I am to Grace this farce with an answer I will stop by reminding the court that nearly 20 years ago in this very.." the doors opened loudly revealing her grandfather.

The greens and Vaemond had a pure look of terror on their faces.

" King Viserys of House Targaryen, first of his name, King of the andals, the Rhoynar and the first men, Lord of the seven kingdoms and protector of the realm." The guard announced.

They all watched in shock as he made his way to the throne. He could barely walk without the help of his cane and half of his face was covered by a Golden mask.

"I will sit the throne today." Viserys told Otto and he nodded stepping back making way for the king to climb the steps.

He struggles to make his way up the steps and a guard comes to help him but the king shoos him away. He struggled once more and his crown fell from his head demon then grabbed the crown and his brother's hand helping him to the throne then placed the crown on the king's head.

Viserys took some time to catch his breath. "I must... Admit... My confusion. I do not understand why petitions are being heard over a settled succession. The only one present who might offer keener insight into Lord Corlys's wishes is his wife, Princess Rhaenys.

Rhaenys glances at Baela then Jaenys. I was clear Jaenys felt troubled and Rhaenys knew how this was going to end now that her cousin was sitting on the throne once more, she took a step forward.

"Indeed your grace. It was ever so my husband's will that Driftmark will pass through Ser Laenor to his true born son...... Lucerys Velaryon. His mind never changed nor did my support of him, as a matter of fact as some of you may know Jacaerys and Lucerys will be wed to Baela and Rhaena. A proposal which I heartily agree." Rhaenys said.

Jaenys was relieved. It was over. Or so she thought.

"Well the matter is settled again I hereby reaffirm Prince Lucerys as heir to Driftmark and the Driftwood phone and the next lord of the tides." Viserys states.

Jaenys glanced at Vaemond. He was not happy.  

"You break the law, and centuries of tradition to install your daughter as heir. Yet you dare tell me who deserves to inherit the name Velaryon. No! I will not allow it." Vaemond said angrily.

"Allow it? Do not forget yourself Vaemond, Lucerys is my true born grandson and you are no more than the second son of Driftmark." The king told him.

Vaemond pointed his finger at Luke. "That! Is no true Velaryon and certainly no nephew of mine. Jaenys gave Daemon a look that said I want to kill him.

"Go to your Chambers you have said enough," her mother tells him.

Aemond glanced at Jaenys. She had a vein popping out of her forehead and he smiled. He wasn't laughing at what Vaemond was saying only what he knew she was thinking.

" You may run your house as you see fit but you will not decide the future of mine my house survived the Doom and a thousand tribulations besides. And God's be damned I will not see it ended on the account of this." Vaemond continued

"Say it," Daemon whispered. Daemon wanted one reason to kill him just one opportunity, to show what happens when you call his step children bastards.

"Children a bastards!" He shouted and the crowd gasped. Jace and Jaenys were filled by rage. Darion held his wife's arm keeping her at his side.

"And.....she... is... a whore."

Aemond wasn't armed, he didn't appreciate Vaemonds words to Jaenys but could careless about her brothers.

Viserys stood up and pulled out his dagger. " I will have your tongue for that."

Demon comes from behind him slices his face in 2 with  dark sister. Everyone gasp and some screamed and turned their heads away from the sight of Vaemond's body.

"He can keep his tongue Daemon says and looks down at Vaemond's life less body.

"Disarm him!" Otto shouted.

"No need," said Daemon as he wiped the blood off his sword.

Viserys collapsed back into his seat. Jaenys was about step forward to help with her grandfather but was interrupted by an earth shattering dragon roar.

Everyone was terrified. The roar sounded familiar she glanced at Aemond who ran out of the throne room and so did she.