Preparation is key

Jaenys took a deep breath before entering the war council room, she stood at the head of the table

Jaenys took a deep breath before entering the war council room, she stood at the head of the table. Daemon gave her a reassuring nod, she was the Queen now, it all comes down to the precise planning.

" Right now Aegon is weak, our spies have reported that he has been wounded and is a bed while Otto and Alicent Hightower along with Criston Cole rule in his stead."  She says. "They think that it's over because my mother is gone but it's not over it is not over until the Iron Throne belongs to the blacks again. We have more dragons and we also have a larger army with the help of Dorne. They don't stand a fighting chance."

"We have secured the step stones your Grace, nothing is going in or out." Lord Corlys said to his granddaughter.

She gave her grandfather a slight smile. "I name you grandfather, Corlys Velaryon hand of the Queen and master of ships."

Corlys felt his heart open, he felt appreciated in a whole new light.

"Daemon are the knights of the city watch in King's landing still loyal to you?" She asked.

"Indeed." He answered

"Make sure when we take King's landing all the Greens are in the throne room. I also name you stepfather my master of war."

She then moved around the table placing dragon pieces surrounding kings landing.

"Baela, Aemond, Jace, Daemon you all will be with me on dragon back.  Daemon you will stay with the army and burn the Green's men, Jace you will fly over the waters helping grandfather destroy their ships, Baela you take the east and Aemond you take the south." Jaenys explained.

"I prefer to fight but Caraxes will be with me." Daemon said and she nodded.

"I wish to ask one thing of you, my queen." Aemond said.

The room was quiet all eyes were on him.

"Before we destroy the castle, let me fly there and aid my family to yield.... You are my Queen but of there is a chance of less destruction I believe we should explore it." He said firmly.

Jaenys looked around the room, she was at a loss but she understood where he was coming from but they needed to be punished.

"Fine .... But you will also tell them Aegon and Otto Hightower will be executed and only because she is your mother I will allow Alicent to stay imprisoned." She said looking back at the table.

"Aegon's children will be a challenge to your rein, that must be... Dealt with." Daemon said.

Jaenys turned to  her stepfather, Helaena was innocent, the children were innocent, she wasn't going to kill them, that wasn't the queen she was going to be.

"Helaena nor her children will be harmed under any circumstance understand?" She said angrily.

Daemon glanced around the room he wasn't letting this go. "Your brother was murdered there's a dept to be paid."