runaway.

The two teenagers had just woken up and gotten breakfast when someone was pounding on the front door. They looked at each other confused. It was only the two of them there as Ryder's mom had gone out last night.

"Olivia, open the door! I'm not playing around!"

She froze as she recognized her fathers voice and he wasn't happy. He was probably drunk and had decided to get her back, just to show her who's in charge. It surprisingly took him days until he showed up at the house.

"Olivia! You're coming home whether you like it or not!"

"I don't want him to see me." Olivia was scared, who knew what he would do if he got her home again?

"Go to my room and I'll handle it..." He whispered back, squeezing her hand.

She nodded and quietly moved through the house until she reached Ryder's room and closed the door after her. He moved from the kitchen table and into the hallway to calm her father down. Usually Fourthgrade wasn't good with confrontation but when it came to her, he couldn't stand back when he knew what her father was capable of.

"She's not here." Ryder said, voice firm as he opened the door and looked at her father.

"Don't play with me boy! I know she's in there." He could smell the alcohol on his breath as he spoke. It seemed like her father had just become worse over the past few weeks, ever since he slapped Olivia.

"I told you, she's not here."

On the other side of the house, Olivia pressed her ear against the door to try to hear what was going on in the hallway. Her father wasn't violent usually, but she had learned not to expect anything. There was no rulebook about when and where he would blow up. She knew that leaving the house had probably triggered her father. It was all about power and control to him.

"Olivia! If you don't get here right now!" He yelled into the house, waiting for her reply.

"It's just me here... She won't answer you." Ryder continued, mind calm as he looked at the other. Suddenly her father pushed past him into the house and Olivia heard it.

She didn't want him finding her, it could easily turn ugly. Because she would kick and scream to get away but it wouldn't help. Either she had to go with him or eventually some neighbor would call the police and she would be forced to go back home again either way. It was easier to ru. Olivia opened the window in Ryder's room and climbed out. She started running down the street as fast as she could, not looking back.

Her father went through the house. Reaching the kitchen he saw the two empty plates that sat on the table.

"She's not here huh?"

Ryder followed after him but there wasn't much he could do. He didn't want to provoke the man further and he didn't have much to put up against him physically either. He rushed into Ryder's bedroom, seeing the window open. 

"This is not over

"This is not over..." He threatened as he turned back to look at the teenager with bloodshot eyes. Without a word more her father walked out and slammed the front door as he exited.

Ryder stood still and took a deep breath. He was happy that she had gotten out in time and that nothing happened. He grabbed his board and quickly skated towards Motors, he didn't want to waste any time.

The boys greeted him as he walked through the door but he was focused on making sure Olivia was okay. His eyes scanned the room but he couldn't see her, only the boys were there. Then his heart dropped and he started to get worried.

"Where is she?" His heart started beating faster, where else would she have gone but Motors? The most logical place she would've gone was the shop, she knew her father wouldn't go there.

"Liv? She hasn't been here today, figured she was with you." Ray replied, looking at him confused.

Ryder passed him without replying, going to the backdoor to see if she was outside. The boys followed after him, realizing something was up. Olivia wasn't outside either and he started thinking of worst case scenario. What if her dad saw her and caught up with her? 

"What's going on?" Fuckshit asked, coming up behind him.

"I thought she would be here... I don't... I need to know if she's alright."

"What do you mean?" Stevie asked, worried about what was going on with the two of them.

Olivia had said she didn't want the rest to know about her leaving home, she didn't want them to worry about her and she didn't want any pity. All of them went through stuff and she didn't want to make it a big deal. Ryder debated on what he should tell them, he didn't like keeping secrets. Especially not when she was missing and he couldn't find her.

So he told them about how her father had been acting and how she couldn't live at home anymore. She left and had stayed with Ryder since it happened. He spared them details, not knowing how much she would've liked him to say. When he found her she could fill in the boys if she wanted to.

"Then we have to find her." Ray said and the rest agreed. There was never any question, everyone in the group had each others backs when shit went down.

"I just don't want anything to happen to her..." Voice was low and Ryder felt a big lump in his throat. Just the thought of her hurt made him crumble.

"We'll find her." Ruben reassured him. None of them had seen him so emotional, never before. Fourthgrade was good at keeping his thoughts and feelings to himself, not really letting anyone else in. That's how they knew it was serious.

His heart was still jumping in his chest as they all skated different ways, trying to cover more ground. They would go to all the places where they usually hung out and hope they would get lucky.