Part 10: In Which Accusations are Made

Wednesday and Sylvie caught up in the library after culinary club finished their frosting.

"I keep seeing that same purple book," Wednesday said, looking at Thing crawling over the books. Sylvie sat behind her reading her divination textbook and half listening as the dark eyed girl continued her search.

"The cover was darker. More like a day-old contusion. Keep looking."

Sylvie flipped her page and listed to Thing's fingers tapping on the old leather-bound books and Wednesday fidgeting with her drawing.

"I don't usually find students in here looking for actual books," an amused voice said from above. "Most sneak in to make out," Miss Thornhill said looking between the girls.

A light blush covered Sylvie's cheeks at what the teacher was insinuating, so she looked back at her textbook hoping her friend hadn't noticed.

"We accidentally walked in on two vampires fanging," Wednesday stated, "I can't unsee that."

Sylvie grimaced at the memory.

"Is there something I can help you find?" the read headed teacher asked.

Wednesday hesitated before pulling the paper with the drawn watermark from her blazer pocket. "Have you seen this before?"

Sylvie tuned her dark haired companion out. Of course Sylvie knew it was the nightshade's mark, she had come from a long line of nightshades and had been one herself for nearly two years. She felt awful for deceiving Wednesday, but it couldn't stay a secret society if the members told outsiders. Plus, she figured that the goth girl would figure out their secret sooner rather than later.

The two continued their conversation while Sylvie continued wondering how long it would be until Wednesday found the Poe statue with the clue to the nightshades' hidden library.

Later that night, Sylvie sat on Enid's bed comforting the blonde who was crying over their friend's unfortunate run in with garlic bread.

The nurse on duty had assured them Yoko would be alright in a couple days time, but she wouldn't be able to compete in the Poe Cup.

Sylvie would have offered to take Yoko's place, but she lived in leadership house and was strictly forbidden from interfering in the Poe Cup.

Sylvie petted Enid's hair, taking care not to touch any pink strands, while Enid sobbed into her blue archery hoodie.

Both girls jumped up when Wednesday entered the room through the window.

"Where have you been?" cried Enid, "I'm literally having a heart attack right now."

"Take a deep breath," Sylvie told the blond. She turned the brunette, "Yoko's in the infirmary."

"What happened?"

"Garlic bread incident at dinner. She had a major allergic reaction. Which means she's out of the Poe Cup, and I don't have a co-pilot," Enid growled.

"She's gonna be fine," Sylvie told Wednesday. Then she turned back to the pacing girl, "Enid you have to breathe."

"It wasn't an accident. Bianca's behind it," Wednesday said.

"Proof?" Sylvie asked, not liking the accusation.

"Doesn't matter."

"You just accused my best friend of purposely harming our mutual friend!" Sylvie said.

Wednesday ignored her and started planning with Enid. She hardly even blinked as the silver haired beauty slammed the door as she stormed out.

sorry for the long wait and short chapter babies, college is kicking my ass. i'll be back soon