Prologue

It was October 8th when a young Lorelai Gilmore was giving birth to twins at 4:00 am. She was swearing like a sailor and screaming in pain. But the result was perfect. Nothing could top this moment in her short 15 years of life. Not her first kiss, not when she lost her virginity, not even when her parents told her they were proud. This was the more perfect moment.However, the bliss didn't last long when her mother came into her room."Lorelai Victoria Gilmore! How could you ever think about doing that to us? I have a right to drive my underage daughter to the hospital and be in the room with her!"

The yelling just continued and wouldn't stop. One twin was crying from the noise and disruption in their sleep, the twin that would soon be Lorelai Leigh Gilmore. The other twin woke up but no one noticed soon-to-be-known Adeline Grace Gilmore.

Adeline Gilmore who now everyone notices. Everyone knows who she is. Then there is Rory Gilmore who got adult attention but not anyone else.

Maybe it's because Adeline got left in Hartford when her mother couldn't afford one child let alone two. Maybe it's because Adeline wants to be different than her mother. Who knows? All anyone knows is the whisper of Rory and Lorelai's names followed by the yell of Adeline to get her attention.

Where Lorelai used to be, the name was shouted but now is only a whisper in the elite of society. Though, Lorelai always did start trouble in Adeline's life since the day she was born.