Chapter 4

Addi pov

I hate Mondays. All of them are such but this one, but this one sucks the most. Little miss perfect Rory is starting Chilton this morning and all I want to do is pretend to be sick.

I force myself to walk into the kitchen knowing I am to be expected to go to school with my grandmother today and not Ada because it would be oh-so kind of me to greet Rory to this new chapter in her life.

"Oh Addi, I called Ada and told her not to pick you up today or drive you home from school because I am going to drive you today." My grandmother says all cheery. I love my grandmother but sometimes I feel like I'm going through with my mother and twin. It hurts to see them and it feels like she doesn't understand that. Nonetheless, I smile and nod at her. Fake it till you make it, right?

Breakfast is silent the only noise being my grandfather turning the page of the newspaper.

"Adeline, it's about time to go. Are you ready?" She asks me.

"Yes, let me just grab my bag. I'll meet you in the car."

"Alright." She says getting up and walking to the garage.

I walk up the stairs, grabbing my black backpack. I look into the mirror giving myself one last look and letting out a deep breath.

"I can do this," I mutter to myself hoping that those four words will somehow make it work.

I walk down the steps slowly so to not trip and fall. Heels aren't the easiest to walk in, we are supposed to wear saddle shoes but those are so ugly, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing those.

I walk into the car, knowing that this is happening, that spending the weekend partying and never being alone didn't make it any less real.

Driving in the car with my grandma is no less silent than it was at breakfast.

We pull up to the school and for once in my life not want to go. It's not that I like the work or the teacher and even some of the people. But I have some of the best and more important moments of my life. There have been some bad like the time I got food poisoning from the school's pizza, and never ate that again. But I met some of the best people in this school, like Paris Geller. Sure she's not my best friend but we're friends. People just don't understand the pressure she faces and what she puts on herself. But when I'm feeling down she reminds me that what people think of me now won't last unless I make it last.

"Addi, I know how much this hurts you, and how I think it's a good thing that Rory is going to Chilton isn't something you agree with. I need you to know that I love you so much and that I'm proud of everything you've done. You don't need to be more to them than civil and even if you weren't I wouldn't blame you. Addi, you have a bright future and either brighter personality, You shine Addi. " My grandma says looking at me.

"I love you too grandma," I say hugging her. I will never understand how people can ever be rude to their grandparents especially when they work so hard to make sure you're happy.

"We have to go in, I assume you need to get to class so you can't go in with me." She says with a knowing glint in her eyes.

"You assumed correctly," I say giving her one last smile before I get out of the car walking up to some of my friends.

"Hey, girlfriend!" Madeline says giving me a hug and Louise waves at me. Madeline and Louise are some of the biggest gossips I know, but they are quite sweet to anyone if they like them. We're friends but we're not very close I enjoy getting the latest gossip and they like to be seen with me. That's a fair trade in my books.

"Did you hear that Mark cheated on Charlotte with Hazel Ridgeway," Madeline says practically buzzing with excitement to talk about it.

"Who?"

"That's what I said when I found out!" Lousie yells out.

"She's the girl that sits in the left corner of the back in English."

"The ginger?"

"Yes!"

"Addi hey!" I hear Reese yell from across the parking lot.

"I have to go but I'll see you in the first period," I say and give them a wave before leaving to go talk to them.

Rory's Pov

I see as people want to talk to her. I knew that she was known, but I didn't know just how many people liked her. She stops at one girl hugging them and walks into the building with them people watching her with a certain awe in their eyes. I don't blame them either. I didn't know someone could look good in a school uniform but she does. The heels, the hair, and the skirt doesn't make her look like she's drowning in a sea of plaid.

"Ok kid, have a good day I'll pick you up at this spot around," Mom says.

"Mom you have to go in with me and meet the headmaster!"

"Do you see what I'm wearing Rory?"

"Yes, mom but it's the way you have to do it."

After a lot of convincing mom finally agrees to go in with me.

We get stares, not in awe but in curiosity but most of the students ignore that I'm even there. They're mostly looking at my mom. Except for a couple of people who give me a dirty look, which doesn't make sense because they don't even know me.

I look around at the school as we walk into the headmaster's office. My mom makes a comment about the girl's skin that was going to inform the headmaster we were there.

"Rory!" I hear my grandmother say happily as we walk in.

"What are you doing here mom?" My mother asks her giving her the world's fakest smile. The worst of the worst happens though. My mother is pretty much forced into taking her jacket off revealing the rodeo-inspired outfit. With a red face from me and a dirty look from grandma, that's about all it takes for them to leave me to talk to the headmaster.

Telling him about my dreams and passions I thought he would be more encouraging but he wasn't, saying how if I fail it won't be very surprising.

"Even though your sister thrives here doesn't mean you will. You guys are different people, she doesn't accept failure. Do you?" He asks me looking at me expectantly. When I don't answer he tells me who to go to.

With a not-so-warm welcome, I have started Chilton. I walk into my first period with Mr. Medina and with a knock on the door I see the girls who gave me a dirty look and Adeline in this class talking to them.

That's why they hate me.

A/N Sorry I have not been posting lately, I got grounded because of missing assignments. I need suggestions for the love interest. Should it be August, Tristan, Logan or someone else ? I do want her to have multiple relationships not sure how many but I think they are good character devolopment and good drama. Or should she just have one? I have a lot of ways for this story and I'm not sure how I want to go with it. But I hope you liked this update!