Kegger?

"Well that was fun." JJ said once we got back to the boat.

"Could've warned us sooner though." John B told Pope and Kiara.

"Yeah what, that was a really late warning." Meave agreed.

"We would've warned you sooner, except Pope was on the math team." Kiara said to them while looking at Pope.

"You were on the math team?" JJ asked Pope, who ignored him.

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene." Pope frowned. "Did you guys find anything?"

"Did we find anything?" Meave laughed lightly.

"Uh no I don't think-" JJ started as him and Meave pulled out the money and gun. "Oh yeah we did.

"What the hell!" Pope exclaimed, his eyes widening.

"Chill out Pope, it's just some money." Meave told him.

"Yeah and a gun Mae. A gun." Pope said. Which made Meave roll her eyes and turn away.

"Okay dude chill c'mon." JJ said making his way over to Pope.

"Why did you take that from a crime scene?" Pope questioned the boy as he approached him.

"Better than the cops having it." JJ stated, and Meave smiled at him.

"Are you guys serious?" Kiara asked her two friends.

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship." Pope sighed, looking down.

"Hey, sh, sh." JJ muttered to him, putting his arm around Pope's shoulder. "At least you have us right?"

Pope scoffed and pushed the blonde boy off of him. "I'm living the nightmare." He said as he went to sit next to John B.

Later, at the Chateau, the group of five were sitting around trying to figure out what to do about the money and gun.

Pope came through the screen door panting. "Okay, so. We didn't see anything, and we don't know anything." He told them, going to sit down next to Meave and Kiara.

"Actually Pope's right for once." JJ said, sitting in the chair across from them. "See, I agree with you sometimes." JJ stated as he stood up.

"Deny, deny, deny." Meave agreed with him while she smoked her cigarette.

"Guys we can't keep that money." Kiara sighed.

"Kiara we aren't all fucking rich." Meave snapped at her.

"Okay well not all of us can afford unlimited data plans Kiara." JJ also retorted at the girl, sending her an annoyed look.

"We have to pass it off to Lana Grubbs." Kiara said, ignoring JJ and Meave. "Otherwise it's bad karma." she continued.

"Okay well, me personality- I don't really care about karma." Meave disagreed with the curly haired girl.

Kiara just looked at her and rolled her eyes.

"We don't need to add being implicated in a felony to our list of problems." Pope said agreeing with Kiara. "We gotta go dark."

"If it means we get to keep the money, then I agree." JJ said, going to sit next to Meave on the couch.

"Yeah same." Meave said. JJ extended his hand for her to high-five.

"Well I don't agree." John B said, which made Meave groan and throw her head back in frustration.

John B got up and started walking off.

JJ looked at him with a confused face. "What.. Why?"

"Just think about it." John B said to JJ and Meave as he stopped walking and turned around to look at the two.

"This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about, right? The same dude that buys individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw the dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he need gas. We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat, who's never had more than forty bucks in his pockets, and all of a sudden he's got a Grandy-White?" John B raises his hands in surrender as he finished his rant. "Just saying." He said as he started walking off again.

Meave and everyone else get up to follow him. "Why can't we just stay in one spot?" She mumbled to herself as she followed after them.

"Alright, so think about it. Pope?" John B says, trying to grab Pope's attention. "How does a marine rat get a Grandy-White?"

Pope thinks for a second, inhaling a breath in. "Prostitution." he answers.

John B sighs at him, that was not the answer he wanted. "Square groupers bro, okay?" John B told them. "Flying under the radar." he said, starting to count on his fingers. "No aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane." John B stopped and looked towards JJ. "So what does that mean JJ?" He asked.

"They were straight smugglin'." JJ answered

"Smugglin." John B nodded. "And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in the wreck."

"Hell yeah." Meave said to him.

"For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it.." Pope said with the cash in his hand. "It probably belongs to someone else."

"Minor details" Kiara told the boy.

"They could come looking for it." The black haired boy said. "Taking it would be catastrophically stupid."

"Right well." JJ said as he took the money from Pope's hand.

"Stupid things, have good outcomes all the time." JJ and Meave said at the same time. JJ spreading the cash out in his hands.

"All we need to do is figure out a way to go into the cargo hold of that wreck." JJ said.

"Until then, we just lay low. Act normal." Meave said, leaning back onto the bed frame.

"Right, and how exactly do we do that?" Pope asked.

"Kegger?" Kiara suggested.

"Yes Kie! Now you're speaking my language." Meave cheered.