The Boneyard

Okay so to understand the Outer Banks, you gotta understand the boneyard.

There were us and our friends, the working class derelicts from our side of the island, The Cut.

And then there's the Kooks. Rich and proper natives from Figure Eight. Boarding school goers that never left the house without their designer Ray Bans. A bunch of fucking posers.

And finally, there's the tourons, the ones who are just here for vacation with their families and have no idea about how anything works on the island.

"Want a beer?" John B asked the girl in front of him.

"Thanks." She replied with a smile.

Chum for the sharks.

Meave was standing with JJ and Kiara with a cup in her hand.

"Okay so I'm gonna go find John B." Kiara said to them, walking off.

Meave looked at JJ and he put his arm around her. "Sooo, there's a cute touron over there." JJ pointed his finger into the distance.

"Eh, I'm more into blondes." Meave said looking at her. "Also, I don't like every girl just because I like girls JJ." Meave looked up at him.

"Okay well I think she's cute, so I'm gonna go flirt with her." JJ said as he started stalking over to the girl.

Meave rolled her eyes in a playful manner and went to find John B and Kiara.

"Hey guys." Meave said, putting her arms around Kiara and John B once she found them.

"Hey Mae." John B said with a smile and put his arm around her neck too.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Kiara spat with venom in her voice.

Sarah Cameron, Kiara's bestfriend in the 9th grade, worst enemy in the 10th. Pretty sure her and Meave used to talk, but that's only because of what was going on with Meave and Rafe at the time.

Meave looked at Sarah from where she was standing. She was on top of the life guards chair, while her boyfriend, Topper, yelled at her to get down.

Meave rolled her eyes. "God I fucking hate kooks." She looked down and realized her cup was empty. "I'm gonna go get a refill." She said to her two friends, who nodded.

"Hey Pope." Meave sighed when she got over to the keg.

"Hey Meave." Pope responded, "you look like you could use a refill."

"You my friend are correct." She said handing him her cup. "Hit me." She said with her arm extended.

Pope took the cup and started to refill it.

"So what's up with you?" He asked her.

"Nothing, just fucking Sarah Cameron." Meave said, rubbing her head.

"Just don't talk to her, you'll be fine." Pope said, handing her the cup back.

"Yeah, thanks Pope." She said sarcastically, downing her beer.

"Another one please sir." Meave said with a smile.

A few beers later, and Meave was a little drunk.. maybe a little more than a little.

She walked over to JJ and John B, seeing JJ offering him a drink.

"Hey John B you want some of this?" JJ asked him, putting an arm around Meave once he saw her.

"Yeah sure I'll take a sip." John B replied, putting his hand out to take it.

"Actually, never mind." JJ mumbled, retracting the drink and walking away, towards Sarah. Meave and John B following after him.