Scuba Gear

The next morning, the group of four were sitting on the porch at John B's house in silence. None of them really knowing what to say.

"Alright I'm calling it off." John B spoke up, walking onto the porch to join his friends. "Peterkin said that if I stay out of the marsh, she would help me out with DCS" he said, sitting down on a chair. 

"And you believe her?" JJ asked surprised. 

"Yeah JJ, I believe her."  John B told him. "Look, all I have to do is stay out of the marsh for a couple of says and she promised to help me out."

"Of course you fucking believe her." Meave scoffed.

"Meave she isn't lying." John B insisted. 

"You don't know that Booker, cops have never fucking helped us." Meave replied. 

"Okay well she's gonna help me, and it doesn't help that your ass was the one shotting a gun." John B said, giving her a stern look. 

JJ shook his head, "You know what she should've done? She should've let Topper drown your ass." 

"Yeah because Topper was gonna drown me." John B said to him sarcastically. 

"Sure looked like it." JJ told him.

"John B he was gonna fucking kill you man. What else would you of liked me to fucking do?" Meave questioned her friend.

"I had it under control Mae." John B said as he looked up at her.

"Mhm right." Meave scoffed and looked away.

"They always win man." JJ started, his voice full of anger. "Kooks versus Pogues. They always win!" JJ exclaimed, turning away from everyone. 

"Look it's okay!" Kiara said, trying to calm JJ down. 

"No Kiara it's not fucking okay, this is what always happens!" Meave yelled at her, sick of this bullshit. 

"It's not okay! It's not!" JJ sighed. "They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it man." JJ said, pointing at John B. "I know you do."

"And I understand why you don't wanna go" He said, pointing at Pope. "You're the golden boy. You have got way too much to risk. And you," JJ started, turning towards Kiara. "You're already rich as fuck so why would you bother?" 

"Meave I don't really know about you, I mean your dad-" JJ started, but was cut off. 

"Stop talking JJ." Meave said abruptly. 

"So then you, and me, and Meave," JJ said, looking towards John B and Meave. "We got nothing to lose." 

"Nothing to lose." Meave repeated, looking at John B.

"JJ-" John B said, starting to get up and walk away.

"And I know it didn't used to be that way for you." JJ said, following after John B.

"I don't want to talk about this." The brunette boy said in annoyance, still continuing to walk away. "I don't want to talk about it."

"What so that's it?" JJ questioned him, trying to stop him from walking away further. 

"Just get out of my way bro." John B said, shoving JJ away from him.

"John B listen to me." JJ begged him, his voice getting quieter. "I have a plan." 

John B stopped walking, and turned around to look at JJ.

"You and Meave have the keys to Cameron's big boat right?" JJ asked.

"Yes we do." Meave confirmed with a smile.

"Right, so we take the scuba gear from them." JJ said to the freckled boy. 

"Hell yeah!" Meave yelled, putting her hands in the air. 

Sorry for the late update. Updates will probably be slower, I have a lot going on right now. But here's a short chapter!