A nocturnal discussion

-Stiles-

I could hear footsteps coming from upstairs.

My dad is already home so it can't possibly be him. But then who was that !

?:Stiles ? I hear the intruder shout

I immediately recognized the voice even if it was muffled by the ceiling separating us

Scottttt what are you doing here man !? Today's not the day...

I groaned as I started to run towards the locker which contains my normal clothes, quickly putting them on. Once I finished, in a record time might I had, I climbed up the ladder as fast as possible.

Why is everyone visiting me tonight, did they throw a party at my place without me knowing , my house isn't a public place !

I posed for a second, listening, trying to hear where Scott could possibly be.

Sc:Helloooo ? He called again

He's in the kitchen ok I'm good.

I opened the trap door and almost jumped outside, I closed it as fast as possible while still being quiet. I didn't even bother locking the door, I just threw the old carpet on it.

Sc:Where is he-Oh ! There you are, finally I was searching for you. He says

St:Inside...my own house ?

Sc:Yeah...? He seemed unsure or embarrassed, we stood there for a second before laughing together at the awkward interaction.

St:Looking for me aren't you ? I said batting my eye at him and winking in a comic way, he just started laughing more and so did I.

One of the good point in being kidnapped by a cult of psychotic hunters at a young age, besides the physical power and technics is being able to lie very easily because getting caught meant death...and it still does sometimes.

Sc:Yeah dude like everywhere ! He said back

St:So what gives me the pleasure of your visit at... I posed, wanting to look at the time but remembered that I left my phone in the training room, at like 10pm ?

Sc:well my mom... He started, looking at his foot

St:Oh my god what happened, is she ok !

Sc:I'm just kidding, she has a nightshift at the hospital so I figured I'd stop by, I knew you'd probably still be up.

I sighed of relief upon hearing that Melissa was doing ok. She's kind of a mother to me.

St:Don't scare me like that !

Sc:Yeah sorry, what are you doing in here anyway ? 

St:Oh you know, just the usual stuff. Derek told me about the...thing you saw and since we're having a pack meeting I figured that I could start my research now if it becomes the next big bad of the town the information I found could always help. But since I don't have that many informations I tried my dad's old files to see if they have anything about this threat.

I made it all up, I know I shouldn't lie to Scott but in my defense I couldn't tell him when he was human and now that he's a werewolf I can't really explain how I've been lying for years about being some normal teenager.

I mean how would he react if I just told him I'm a really good hunter due to intensive training from the age of 4 ?... Probably not greatly...

Sc:I get it, it's going to be super helpful thanks Stiles ! He smiled at me, putting his hand on my shoulder

St:Yeah...Oh about that, Derek wouldn't go into details so could you describe what you saw ? 

Sc:Sure, it was some kind of huge animal-like creature...It was almost as tall as when Peter was that creepy beast alpha.

Ok, huge, tall, beast-like, I can work with that.

St:Great, I'll try to see what I can find. Any special features ? Special eyes, sudden cold feeling or a particular smell ? I asked trying to get more information for my research

Sc:Woow, who are you and what have you done to Mr. Sarcastic Stiles Stilinsky ?

St:What ? I asked confused

What's he talking about ?

Sc:I mean, this feels...profesional.

I wanted to roll my eyes, I know he doesn't know how important this case is to me but...come on ! People could end up dead, sometimes there's no time to joke around.

I guess he doesn't understand the importance of that for now, and he just discovered his a true alpha...he'll have a lot of responsability soon so I probably shouldn't put even more on his shoulders

St:This, my man, is an interrogation ! I forced a smile to make it more believable, I have to start practicing now if one day I want to walk in my father's shoes. So...? I reminded him of my previous question, he nodded before responding

Sc:Nah, nothing like that.

Ok so, ghosts/spirits are out, demons are too. Maybe it's just a type A werewolf ?

St:Ok thanks man.

Sc:It's fine, wanna watch a movie ?

St:I don't know, I'm kinda tired. I haven't slept in a while and I have to work on that-shift and I think I have assignments for school too, and also I-

Sc:Stiles...

St:Yeah ?

Sc:You're overworking yourself, you have to relax and sleep too. I think I'll go home for tonight, you sleep well okay ?

St:Yep ! I waved goodbye as he left the room.

I waited to hear the front door close and his footsteps on the pavement outside before kneeling down again and opening the small door.

Who would be stupid enough to forget their phone, down a secret training basement ! Me of course !?

_______________________________________

Hello everyone ! I hope this chapter is to your liking, just a quick reminder this story is being updated every week and if I cannot post I will inform you. Thank you for reading my story, I'll see you in the next chapter.