Panic

-Stiles-

I arrived home and saw that my dad's car was not in the driveway. I sighed

He works too much for his own good...

I parked my jeep and entered the house. I was tired, really tired but I knew I needed to look up everything.

I need to do it since nobody else will, and also because it's my only chance to prove my value to my brothers !

I let my keys in a small glass plate where random objects lay, I yawn, stretching my arms and back. I sighed

My back is killing me tonight... I just shrugged and directed myself upstairs

I quickly changed into more comfortable clothes and instead of laying on the bed that called to me I sat at my desk and opened my laptop.

I hopped on Google to try and do general research I'll narrow it down to more specific websites and clues later.

For now I only have small information that are quite common among the supernatural world. Maybe I should try and find more information by myself, but going in the woods right now would be a suicidal mission. I'm tired, not sure of the origin of the threat, probably unarmed in case I find a member of the pack.

So yeah, basically I'm screwed.

I tapped on my keyboard the following words :

Supernatural beast-like creature, woods in America.

That's probably not going to lead me anywhere but I can always try.

Of course, the first thing that popped up was a Wikipedia page about some imaginary creepy-pasta creature. I sighed.

I could always try the bestiary that Sam gave me before he left last time...

I audibly yawned and decided against it, at least for now. I was way too tired to find any good hypothesis, but I'll take a look when I'm more awake.

I looked at the school work that was left to do, I groaned when I saw the hundreds math exercices that needed to be done for tommorow.

That's it I give up high school !

One, two, a thousand missing assignments and un-finished work isn't that important especially if I'm going to finish dead at 25 because some random vampire creept up behind me during a hunt. What are math going to do for me any way ? Nothing ! Therefore there's literally no need for me to do those exercises.

I closed my laptop, desperated for at least a minute of sleeping and peace. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth but than I heard a car pull up in front of the house.

Dad ! 

I quickly spit out the toothpaste and wash my mouth before running downstairs to open the door. I opened the door and saw my dad's car, it looked almost the same as always, I knew something was different this time and not only because my dad was not leaving it, something was just wrong. I approached the car window carefully and that's when I saw it.

Blood !

Their was a handprint made out of blood, it seemed fresh and was still dripping a bit. I tried forcing the door open but it was closed shut, I broke the window with my elbow. Panic making my stomach ache as I imagined my father laying dead in that damn car.

I quickly put my hand through the window, cutting my wrist a bit but I honestly did not care, my dad's live could be on the line and that small cut didn't even hurt at the moment, the adrenaline that took over my brain, making everything numb.