A Tough Lock

-Stiles-

I stayed still, waiting for their next move but to my surprise they didn't try to break down the door or shoot through it. They knocked.

Slowly getting up from the chair, my fingers tightly wrapped around the knife I now hid behind my back.

Opening the door fastely I prepared myself for a possible attack but it was only Jessica. My grip relaxed a bit on the hidden weapon but I didn't let the relief appear on my face, I only raised an eyebrow and asked nicely what she wanted.

Je:I was making sure you didn't make the sheriff's office a mess. She said laughing a bit, I forced myself to join her in her laughing.

St:I know I have a tendency to do that but I swear this prank isn't a messy one, no need to worry. I promised remember. I tried to reassure her, hoping she would take my answer and leave but she stayed in front of the door, not entering the room, simply waiting in the hallway.

St: Do you maybe...Want to come check out I didn't made a mess ? I asked, hoping she would say no since the drawer was wide open exactly like the now empty safe.

She pulled a face when I asked her to enter but quickly followed it by shaking her head.

Je:I-uh, I can't. The sheriff doesn't like when everyone enters his office. She said. I never noticed my dad getting mad at anyone for entering his office but once again he kept his secret guarded and if that safe was here, who knows what else he could keep in here.

I waited for her to leave now that everything was clarified but she didn't move an inch. I looked around awkwardly. I hated silence, especially those heavy ones.

St:I will go back to my...little joke now. I informed her, damn that was awkward. Jessica looked at me, blinking slowly before smiling and giving me a thumbs up.

She seemed reluctant to leave but ultimately she ended up walking back to the reception.

I looked at her sitting down on her chair until I was sure she was busy with something. I did a quick check from left to right, making sure no one was here before bolting towards the scientific lab. I didn't go there much but I thought I remembered the way correctly.

And I was wrong of course I didn't remember the way correctly, because that would have been too easy ! And to top it all off that part of the building didn't seem to be lit up at that time of the night. Great, just, just great.

Taking out my phone I turned on the flashlight mode and tried to find my way around the building, I wasn't sure how I'd figure this one out but it's not like I really had the choice.

After a while of going in circles I stumbled upon a grey door that seemed familiar enough, if my memory wasn't playing tricks on me, again, this was the door that led to the laboratory where all the machines were stocked.

Perefect, I just need to find a way to get inside now.

I don't know why I thought this task would be easy but here I was. I could probably pick the lock but it would definitely trigger the stations' alarm, which wasn't really in my favor as you can imagine.

Rah, fuck it. It's not like I have the choice anyway.

Using the light from my phone I looked around until I found a wavy, old piece of metal.