Chapter 3: Plans

Beta read by Paragon of Awesomeness.

Also, thank you for 300 followers!!!

.

.

.

-Kuoh-

Was this how betrayal felt? To have something you held so dearly be stolen by one who held a sacred trust without even any sign or warning of their malicious intentions… To watch in horror and helplessness as the last morsel of food was swallowed by the white haired girl who she considered as the adorable little sister she never had.

"Koneko," Rias called her Rook with a beaming smile on her face but hollow eyes. She watched her Rook come down from her taste bud overdose, the younger girl taking on a startled and somewhat ashamed expression as she realized what she'd done.

"When did you get here?"

"I don't know, I smelled delicious food and then suddenly found myself here." The small girl said with a blank face, through her eyes darting from side to side — unable to face her King.

"..."

Was she serious? Her appetite and desire to eat Archer's cooking had overwhelmed her to such an extent that she no longer was aware of her surroundings and actions? How terrifying and impressive.

"Archer worked hard to make me that lunch, and I was looking forward to eating it very much! Why would you steal it from me like that?"

Yet that did not excuse the injustice the redhead had just suffered!

"You can have the juice…" the white-haired Devil offered a half empty carton of apple juice she’d been carrying. "It's good."

Maybe out of helplessness or the fact that it was physically and mentally impossible to stay angry at such a cute girl, Rias ended up taking the small box and began slurping the remaining beverage.

"It is… very good." She muttered, lying as the taste was a bit too sour for her liking and didn't exactly leave behind a pleasant aftertaste.

And then in what seemed like an afterthought, Koneko gave Rias a small polite bow. "Thank you Buchou."

She obviously meant for the bento, as if she had been willingly given the food.

Eyebrows twitching in utter disbelief at what her own Rook was doing right in front of her, the redhead gave up on lecturing Koneko and turned her ire on the next available target. "Archer, why didn't you stop her from taking my meal? There's no one else up here and I know you're fast enough. Or at the very least you could have warned me of what she was doing."

The Servant of the Bow manifested his physical form, startling Koneko with his sudden appearance, his arms crossed as he looked at the situation with obvious amusement.

"My apologies, Master. I recognized this girl from when I was summoned last night as one of your subordinate Devils, and I assumed that she had something to discuss with you. But by the time I realized what her true intentions were, she'd already eaten everything." He said, acting like he was helpless while shaking his head.

Rias sighed dejectedly at her Servant's believable yet obviously on-the-spot excuse before getting up. "Great. Now instead of enjoying an exquisite bento for lunch I have to go to the cafeteria."

"A moment before you go, Master." Archer interjected while approaching Koneko, who still seemed a little apprehensive around him. From the way her eyes flashed over to Rias worryingly, he guessed that she still remembered his comment about how some Servants could be prone to killing their own Masters. A cute reaction, but pointless in the end.