Chapter 6: New occupation

Beta read by Shigiya, Fluffy Slayer and Paragon of Awesomeness

.

.

.

-Lucifaad-

The grand castle of Lucifer, surrounded by thousands of Devils constantly patrolling the area to safeguard one of the most powerful beings in the Underworld — not that he needed it in the first place. Being a Super Devil, he had previously climbed through multiple mountains of his enemies’ corpses in the Great War and then again in the Devil Civil War. Having fought against godlike beings and neverending armies by himself and emerging victorious with his mastery over the infamous Power of Destruction and now holding the title of Lucifer — Sirzechs Lucifer. 

Formerly a Gremory, he had been required to cut all ties with his family in order to become a leader of Devil-kind. The same had happened with Serafall Leviathan, Ajuka Beelzebub, and Falbium Asmodeus. Now they govern the Devils’ side of the Underworld after having won against the Old Satan Faction. Though life was never so easy, as trouble still loomed over the horizon with enemies lurking in every shadow — even those who publicly claimed to be their allies.

Today, Sirzechs walked through the halls without his usual smile on his face. A stern and emotionless expression that frightened many of the Servants who hastily bowed to him before scurrying away. By his side, a woman that could only be described as an ethereal Ice Queen with beauty that challenged even the likes of Gabriel — his wife, Queen, and head maid, Grayfia Lucifuge.

"Has Rias sent any letters back?" He asked, both worried and curious about his precious little sister. 

"I'm afraid not, as aside from the last one from four days ago, Lady Rias has remained silent for the most part. She still refuses to speak to her mother and father regarding matters relating to their recent attempt to push the wedding forward." She said with an emotionless face that revealed nothing of her personal thoughts. 

Sirzechs couldn't help but sigh at the reminder of that. He was trying his best to delay this wedding while also never appearing too biased towards his family. Zekram Bael watched his every move, and the slightest sign of weakness or him neglecting his duties would be a political disaster. His hands were tied and even his status as a Super Devil did little to help any of his problems these days. 

"She'll manage, I know her, she's strong and capable." Yet it was another matter that also related to his sister that had caused him a lot of worry recently. Which also turned out to be the main reason why he was going to have a meeting with Ajuka. 

"You dote on her too much, she never experienced any kind of hardship in the past. Though Lady Rias has indeed inherited great talent and power from both the Gremory lineage and the Bael, she barely practiced any of them." Even if her words sounded like criticism towards Rias, Grayfia was actually very concerned about the girl and her future. The Underworld with all its politics were as tricky and deadly as that of the humans. Except here, influence alone was not sufficient and also had to be backed up by both power and cunning. "She basically spends every day doing nothing other than having fun in the human world." 

"Which is a good thing." Sirzechs mentioned, giving her a light smile. "We battled against the gods and our own kind for this period of peace. We became this powerful out of necessity to survive, to protect our families, and fulfill our obligations. The fruits of our labor is the tranquil environment the current generation has grown up in; a place where they don't have to head out to the front lines every single day to put their lives on the line. Nothing brings me more joy than to see the youngsters all smiling and living the life we couldn't get. That we sacrificed so they wouldn’t have to. So why force them into hardship once again when there’s no need?"