Chapter 16: Rating Game + Omake 1

Beta read by Shigiya, Paragon of Awesomeness and Maglad

Longest chapter I've ever written, nearly 16k words.

.

.

.

-Training Grounds Manor-

(One week ago)

(Early morning)

“Hmmm… Archer… clothes… off…” 

A tired and spiritually exhausted Rias mumbled as she reluctantly opened her eyes when the first rays of sunlight struck her face.

If she were to be completely honest with herself, Rias had privately ruminated on humanity's concept of she-devils being akin to succubi more than once. How could she not, given how much she herself hated the sensation of fabric on her skin? In fact, she despised the feeling so much that it was something she simply tolerated in her daily life out of respect for social norms, preferring to be nude when in the privacy of her home. And she absolutely refused to put up with wearing clothes in bed.

Her precious rest time was sacred, dammit! It wasn't meant to be a continuation of the awkward, smothering itchiness of daytime! Or so she thought until her Servant began squeezing every single ounce of energy out of her on a daily basis.

Indeed, now she was perfectly aware that once she was tired enough, the feeling of clothes on her back suddenly seemed like much less of an issue, and even felt akin to silken sheets. At least that was how she felt as she fell atop her bed one night with her clothes still on. The heiress struggled to recall what had been going through her head in her exhausted state, as come morning the feeling of having had clothes on all night felt vastly different. 

Morning time was hell. Not the homely Underworld type either, no, but actual Hell. With the way her everything now itched, she could easily admit that wearing anything besides her dear birthday suit to bed just wasn't something she was willing to put up with.

"Master, you have to get up, you can't skip breakfast, as you won't have enough energy for the day ahead, which I assure you will be just as difficult as the last,” said her dear Servant who treated her so nicely and like a true gentleman at this moment. Yet she now knew better than to fall for this false front of his! What hid behind that handsome face of his was a ruthless, devilish, crazy drill instructor who held not a single iota of empathy or mercy!

“Mmhh…”

"Master?" Her Servant stared at her with a smirk on his face, the smug traitor.

"…This is your fault." 

"Odd, I was sure your muscle aches would be gone by now. Perhaps I should modify everyone's breakfast, something to help get rid of any lingering aching in your bodies…" He mumbled for her and his own ears. As much as she wanted to start the day with a warm, delicious meal cooked by her Servant, which would also serve as one of her few reprieves for the day that was to come… Rias just couldn't be bothered right now. She’d reached a point where her own momentary wants were of a higher priority than the demands of the day.

"…It’s not that. My muscles are fine, actually. The problem is the itch all over my whole body that's driving me nuts." But then again, just because she couldn’t muster up the will to perform certain tasks… that didn't mean others couldn't. He was her loyal Servant at the end of the day, and she now saw fit to take advantage of that. “Archer…”

"Hm?"

"I hate sleeping with any clothes on."

"I’m well aware. But that's hardly my fault, isn't it? I recall you having enough energy to drag your butt to bed on your own last night, so one would naturally assume you could have also taken your own clothes off if it was such a priority.”