Chapter 7

AN: All of you might already realize but character will be OOC and I will add new things to make the story more interesting

Third Person POV

"I'm pretty sure you guys have learned. In the 9 years of compulsory education, they've always told you that such things are frowned upon. Talking in class and being late to class is bad. Also, did you say that you couldn't understand because I didn't explain it? That excuse doesn't fly. If you behaved as a student should, your points wouldn't have dropped to 0. It's your own self-responsibility."

Without any room for rebuttal even Hirata is now looking at the ground, her argument was completely sound. Everyone knows what is good and bad behavior, after all.

"After becoming first year high schoolers, did you really think that you would get 100,000 points every month without any restrictions? In this school created by the Japanese government to train excellent people? That's impossible, just use your common sense.

"Well then, can you at least tell us the details about how points are increased or decreased? We will always try to do our best from now on."

"That's not possible. We are not allowed to divulge the details of how we assess merit to the students. It's the same as the real world. When all of you enter society, and find work in some kind of business, they probably won't tell you how you're assessed-that's up to the company, though. However... I'm not trying to be cold, nor do I hate you guys. This is such a pitiful sight that I'll tell everyone here one thing."

For the first time today, I saw a faint smile on Chabashira-sensei's face.

"For arguments sake, if we say that everyone stopped being late and stopped talking in class your deduction would be zero, but that doesn't mean you'll get more points.

In other words, next month's allowance is also 0 points.

Not being late or not talking to class won't help you get back up from the bottom.

"Keep that in mind-it'll help you."

"Hirata's face got even darker. A part of the class still failed to understand; her explanation had the opposite effect. The students who wanted to change their bad behavior had their mood dampened. That is Chiyabashira-sensei's; no, the school's aim.

The bell rang, signaling the end of homeroom.

"Looks like we had too much idle chit-chat. Hopefully you understood. Anyway, let's move onto the main issue at hand."

She spread out the white poster that was rolled into a tube. Taking a magnet, she stuck it onto the board. The students looked at the paper, still confused.

"Is this... the results of each class?"

Classes A to D were listed on the paper, with numbers right next to them.

Our class D with 0. Class C with 490. Class B with 650. And class A had the highest number with 940.

"Hey, don't you think this is strange?"

The genius in class noticed that there was something strange about the points.

"For the first month, all of you have been doing as you please. Now, the school's not saying that this is prohibited. Your actions, such as talking during class and being late to class, just affects the number of points you get. It's the same with how you use points. You have the freedom to use points how you want. We haven't restricted how you use your points."

"This isn't fair! We can't lead a normal school life like that!" Ike, who had stayed quiet until now,shouted out.

Yamauchi was also crying out in agony. That guy already used up all his points...