Family Dinner

The four friends decided to just walk around the school for a bit since their break wasn't that long.  The four just talked about what happened in their classes and the school forum's current trending topic.

"You know that you're currently a hot topic on the forum right now?" Yin Jianyi said as he scrolled through his phone.

"What for?" Yunqing inquired curiously.

"Well since you are back and you're as pretty as ever. They are reconsidering the school's flower position." Yin Jiayi responded.

"What do you mean? Isn't the school flower's position established during the first week of school? How come there was a school flower already before the first week of school?" Li Jingfei asked.

"Well since Qinhqing was gone, Yaoyan had taken the spot for the school flower for two consecutive years. Since Yunqing's name slowly started to die, they had already established Yaoyan's position as the school flower this year as well, but unfortunately for her, Qingqing came this year, and she's obviously prettier than that Yaoyan," Yin Jiayi explained.

"Well, either way, I don't really care," Yunqing commented nonchalantly.

"Well I do, you need to win this. I want to see that bitter look on Yaoyan's face," Yin Jiayi responded as he cackled. 

"Wow, are you in your right mind?" Li Jingfei asked with concern.

"Of course I am, that's why I want to see her lose," Yin Jiayi snapped back.

"Anyways, the break is almost over let's go back to class," Yunqing said as she started walking towards the school building.

The rest of the classes weren't as long as the two first ones. Yunqing wasn't really used to her two minors hence, she was having a bit of trouble with the classes. Since the original owner was a number one student she couldn't ruin her hard work and slack off hence, Yunqing decided to study harder. After she told her friends goodbye, she got into her car and made her way to Yunqing's school. Since her sister's school ended at the same time as she's she would pick her up when she could. Once she picked up her sister she headed home.

"We're home!" The sisters said as they opened the door.

"Welcome home my loves. Do you have a lot of homework?" Jiang Jingyu asked. Seeing how their mother and father were dressed meant that they were probably going somewhere.

"No mom, are we going somewhere?" Yunqing asked as she put on her slippers.

"Your grandpa wants to see you guys, so we'll be going to the old house today," Her mom announced.

"Okay let me go change, I'll be down in a minute," Yunqing responded, and Lijuan followed suit.

Since she was going to visit her family she decided to wear something more modest out of respect for her elders. She wore a white blouse and a white skirt along with white channel heels. Juajuan followed her sister's change of style and wore a floral maxi dress. After the two were ready, the family of four made their way to the old house. As soon as they arrived they were escorted to the massive dining hall of the Liu family.

"Qingqing! let grandpa have a good look at you. I haven't seen you in forever." Old Master Liu as he pulled Yunqing and chatted with her for a moment. While the grandpa and granddaughter were having a moment, the rest of the family looked for somewhere to seat.

"Old Man Liu! Let Qingqing eat first. She came here right after school which meant that she probably hadn't had dinner. Why are you holding her so long for?" Grandma Liu scolded as she pulled Qingqing and indicated her to go sit down.

"I can't even talk to my granddaughter anymore?" Old Master Liu grumbled under his breath. Yunqing smiled at the exchange between her grandmother and her grandfather. As she was about to seat she took a glance at who was at the dining table. The second branch and their whole family were there. Liu Jaoling had brought his wife, Fan Meilin, his daughter Yaoyan and his son, Liu Dingxiang. Liu Yunqing gave them a small bow and made her way to her seat.

"I thought this was a family dinner? Why are outsiders here?" Liu Jaoling commented as he looked at Hou Liwei and Hou Lijuan.

"What outsiders do you speak of? One is my fiancee, and the other is my daughter. So I am really curious who you're calling an outsider." Liang Jingyu responded coldly as she looked at Liu Jaoling.

"If you are unable to eat like a civilized person, then get the hell out!" Grandma Liu scolded Liu Jaoling.

"Honey let's just eat," Fan Meilin coaxed Liu Jaoling as she put food on his plate. Seeing that his mother was serious about kicking him out, he could only swallow the rest of his words and start eating.

"Qingqing, how was your first day of school?" Her eldest cousin Liu Yong asked.

"It was okay. I heard you bagged a pretty big role this time, nice job." Liu Yunqing responded while complimenting him.

"You're acting like you're older than me. Here, a welcome-back gift." Liu Yong responded as he handed a key with the Rolls-Royce symbol on it. 

"Thank you, the first brother! How did you know I wanted one?" Liu Yunqing thanked excitedly.

"It's brother instinct," Liu Yong responded with his chest pushed out.

"Brothers instinct my butt! I got you a gift too!" Her second cousin, Liu Xiaobo spat hatefully as he handed her the 'Belle Passion' bracelet. A bracelet made out of pink and white diamonds entirely. It was made by a famous french jeweler name Jean Jacqueline. The price of it ranged from 5 million yen to 25 million yen, so him getting this meant he had spent a few million at an auction.

"Om My God! I love it! Thank you second brother!" Yunqing thanked happily and by now Fan Meili and Yaoyan and Yaoyan were green with envy. The brothers had never spoiled Yaoyan like this before. 

"I got sister a gift too," Her third and youngest cousin, Liu Yaoting said quietly as he handed her a box with a simple yet beautifully crafted diamond necklace. At first, it looked ordinary but there were small carvings that wrote, 'Rich, Blessed, and Loved', and the necklace matched that of his. On the front of the necklace, it said sister, and then on the front of his it said brother. When the brothers noticed this they became green with envy. They too wanted to have matching necklaces with their sister.

"Thank you Yaoyao. I love it," Yunqing thanked him sincerely. This might have been her favorite gift yet.

Question Of The Day.

What is your fave season?