Family Diner Continued

"Yunqing how's school? Are you getting adjusted right?" Grandpa Liu asked with a worried voice.

"It's fine, I have my friends there to take care of me," Yunqing smiled.

"That's good. What about you Yaoyan?" Grandpa Liu asked as he turned his head in her direction.

"It's fine grandpa, there are many familiar faces," Yaoyan replied softly.

"That's good," Grandpa Liu answered.

"Jingyu when is your wedding being held?" Grandma Liu asked.

"Next month the thirteenth," Liang Jingyu beamed.

"That's not very far away should we go shopping for dresses?" Grandma Liu offered.

"I wanted to, but your granddaughter here was very much opposed and said that she would personally design and make my dress." Liang Jingyu chuckled.

"Of course, this is my mom's big day after all, so her dress should be special!" Liu Yunqing said as a matter of fact, but the faces of the people at the table froze. To see Yunqing supporting her mom so much was a huge shock to them, even if they heard the rumors about her accepting her mom's marriage. They were all present when she threw violent tantrums if her mom ever mentioned remarriage, and she even threatened her mom with her life so of course, this was a surprise to them. But they were happy finally seeing her happy.

Since Liu Jaoling had acknowledged his illegitimate daughter when Liu Yunqing was only a child, Yunqing had already ceased to smile. She feared that she would lose what little affection she had with her already distant dad. When Liu Jaoling started praising Yaoyan in front of Yunqing, Yunqing was pressured into working so hard that she barely had anything a normal teenager would have. She became cold and distant. And when Liu Jaoling brought in Yaoyan she went crazy. She was diagnosed with severe depression as a result of her unhealthy attachment to her father. She even developed an eating disorder from her stress. Her hair started falling out, she gained an unhealthy amount of weight, and she even harmed herself sometimes. 

Yunqing had already been a sweet child so to see her like this saddened the family very much and angered them just as much. What kind of father pushes their daughter to be like that? That's why many of the family loathed Liu Jaoling and distanced themselves from Yaoyan and Fan Meili who were bystanders that were secretly fanning the fire. So now seeing her so happy and having such a great family bond made them happy.

On the other hand, this was a shock to Liu Jaoling. He had always thought that his daughter was just throwing another tantrum and would one day come back as his obedient daughter,  but seeing how his daughter was supportive of her mother's marriage, he felt something in his heart as if to tell him that he had really lost his daughter. Thinking about this the food in his mouth now tasted like wax.

"That's great! Yunqing had always had a talent for design and styling. I think she's going to do a great job!" Grandma Liu praised.

"Really? I have never seen Qingqing design before?" Wu Huiling asked curiously.

"I didn't know either until I live in the countryside with Qingqing. You remember that floral dress I wore to Lin's family's garden party?" Grandma Liu replied.

"Yes, that dress made you the star of that party. Old Master almost died from jealousy because you had so many men trying to talk to you," Wu Huiling laughed.

"Yes, that time I really felt like I was young again," Grandma Liu reminisced while Grandpa Liu grumbled under his breath. "But back to what I was saying, the dress that got me so much attention and is now considered one of my most iconic looks was designed, created, and styled by Yunqing." Grandma Liu continued.

"Mom you're serious?" Yunqing's second uncle, Liu Yanling asked in a surprised tone.

"Why would I lie to you?" Grandma Liu said rebuked in a dissatisfied tone as she side-eyed her second son.

"I was just asking," Liu Yanling responded in a deflated tone.

"I know. So now that this is cleared I am pretty sure Yunqing will make her mom the most beautiful bride in the world." Grandma Liu stated.

"Mom you forgot to tell them about the thing," Wu Huiling reminded, making Yunqing and her family curious.

"Oh yeah! The Lu family is having a banquet and our whole family was invited. We wanted to invite you guys since Yunqing hadn't been in a public even for a while now." Grandma Liu explained this to Yunqing and her family.

"I would love to grandma!" Liu Yunqingresponded sweetly.

"But it's under one condition that you can go?" Grandma Liu said in a serious voice, making those around her a little nervous.

"What is grandma?" Yunqing asked.

"You have to style me," Grandma Liu responded making the nervous people burst into laughter. 

All of these interactions were heard and seen by Yaoyan and her mom reminding them that they would always be outsiders compared to Yunqing. Fan Meili felt that the Liu family was too partial but Yaoyan knew that she was the one who pushed them into being impartial. When she first came into the family, the family tried their best to treat her equally, and even Liang Jingyu tried her best to compromise with the arrangements because just like them they had always believed that it was Liu Jaoling and Fan Meili who was at fault and that she was just an innocent child that was created in their mess.

Seeing how nice they were being to her she thought that she would take advantage of it and try to push Yunqing out of her rightful place, but none of the Liu family was dumb and saw through her schemes after three or four times. Seeing that she was being ungrateful and unreasonable many of the family members and family friends started to distance themselves from her and she lost their trust. She knew that she had kind of lost, but she still didn't want to give up. She wanted to make a comeback and maybe the banquet would be perfect for that.