THREE, the whisky

DAPHNE: I didn't exactly tell you about the night before [coughs]

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

DAPHNE: I didn't exactly tell you about the night before [coughs].

I'd already met Billy, met him at a bar. It was late, I was packing up from a gig and I needed a drink. I'd gone through all the snow I could afford that week and I didn't feel like cuddling up to someone for it so tequila was my choice.

I can't remember where I'd ended up. Probably whichever bar that had a bouncer I knew first.

[Laughs, shakes head] That could've been a few.

BILLY: I couldn't fall asleep, Camila was already gone by the time I'd showered and cuddled up to her. My eyes just wouldn't shut, I had everything running through my mind. We'd actually made the move, and we were actually in LA. I told Camila I was gonna take a walk or something, I don't think she'd even heard me.

Graham was up too, he saw me walk out the door. I was excited, had quite a bit of hope in me.

I'd gotten it into my head that I wanted to check out the strip, I wanted to see what I'd been missing out on.

I just wanted a taste.

Next thing I knew, I was pushed in the door with some roadies to the Whisky. That's where I saw her.

She, [pauses], yeah. She struck a match and blew my mind.

DAPHNE: [Clenching jaw] Knew it from the first old fashioned we were cursed.

——

"IS SHE OKAY?" Billy Dunne furrowed his brows at the blonde, sliding into a rare bar seat. Daphne's head was rested on the wood, her fingertips laced around an empty glass. The bartender laughed at him, "She's just fine."

——

BILLY: She'd come off the stage about 10 minutes before, her set was incredible. Daphne knew how to get a crowd going even in the beginning.

DAPHNE: I saw him out in the crowd for sure. You don't miss a guy like Billy Dunne. Man, he loved his denim.

A bunch of people called out for me to sing Willow. I was excited. I didn't think it'd done much for me, it was very different to what I'd been playing.

Makes sense now that I think about it, Teddy Price was trying to track me down! I didn't want a bar of it, though.

Willow was far too tame for my set at the Whisky but it was right at the end and my god, I've never seen so many drunks wanna be lulled.

BILLY: I'd realised I'd heard a couple things from her before, turns out I kinda knew the name. Really, I knew her lyrics, her style.

𝖍𝖆𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉 | daisy jones & the sixजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें