Girl Meets Truth

Maya and Vanessa sat next to each other, with Jake on the younger twins other side as they watched their school's production of Romeo and Juliet. "Eyes, look your last. Arms, take your last embrace." Lucas spoke clearly before laying his head down on the fake tomb. Vanessa's eyes tracked her best friend who was slowly moving closer to the two.

"Please no." Vanessa whispered under her breath, Jake and Maya sent a confused look to the girl who remained quiet but was shaking her head. " And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss."

As Lucas leaned down to kiss Riley, Farkle jumped forward, pointing his fake sear at Lucas. Riley opened her eyes to look at the two. "What meanest thou? Spear carrier... who havest no lines." Lucas questioned trying to stay in character. 

"You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle declared making Vanessa cover her face and close her eyes. She and Farkle have had this conversation multiple times. Farkle was good at many things but acting was not one of them. The boy agreed to leave the acting to his blonde friend, he decided today was the end of that.

"Farkle what are you doing? It's 'Romeo and Juliet.'" Lucas said giving up on staying in character. "We'', now its 'Romeo and Juliet and Farkle'. I play Farkle." Vanessa's best friend said proudly making the girl sigh. 

"Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said." The older Friar twin said and Vanessa lid her head on Jake's shoulder, wishing for this to be over so she could talk to Farkle alone. "Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle called out to the crowd making Maya stand up clapping along with everyone else except Vanessa and Jake.

"Yeah, you kiss that girl you crazy spear carrier." Maya called out before siting back down in her seat. "Hark! You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too." Farkle declare making Maya stand up when the crowd started cheering again. 

"Thank you, thank you. You're too kind, seriously." The blonde said playfully walking on stage and laying beside her best friend. "How you doing?"

"I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this." Riley said with a sigh, both wishing for the play to be over already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first time in years Vanessa walked into school alone, when she had shown up for breakfast at the Minkus household, Jennifer and Stuart told her that Farkle had already left for school

For the first time in years Vanessa walked into school alone, when she had shown up for breakfast at the Minkus household, Jennifer and Stuart told her that Farkle had already left for school. "Where's Farkle?" Jake asked once he saw the girl alone at her locker.

"Upset with me." Vanessa said placing her history book in her bag. "Why?" The younger Friar twin asked, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Apparently Riley told him he was the greatest actor in middle school history and when I told him that wasn't true, I became the bad guy." Vanessa explained with a sigh.

"Why would she say that?" Jake asked blinking rapidly, it made no sense. "Riley is too nice to hurt anyone's feelings. It's not in her nature." The younger Hart twin explained fiddling with the  locket bracelet that Maya had given her. It and an old locket necklace had been in the lost  and found by one of the stores the always walked by. After months of it just sitting there, Maya decided that the locket and charm bracelet belonged to them now.