Interviews

Cinna is getting Katniss ready while Cinna's protégé is helping Peeta get ready for the interviews that are going to happen with Cesar.

"Remember Katniss, just be be yourself and be nice, they just want a show" Cinna told her.

"Cinna I can't do both" Katniss said.

"It doesn't have to be real Katniss trust me" Esmeralda quickly told Katniss.

"How did you get through it?" Katniss asked her truly wondering what her mentor has to say.

"Well I was going into my games, I was angry, I wanted to cry every chance I got, and I wanted to yell at everyone, but I knew doing any of those would decrease my chance of getting home. So I would pretend, it's like Cinna said, they want a show. Understanding that will better help you on the stage. I used my anger to answer the questions asked but I would form the response in a way the Capitol would love to hear it." Esmeralda explained.

"Okay, I think I go it" Katniss looked at her.

Esmeralda has always wanted to give any piece of advice to the young tributes, and this year is no different; however, Peeta and Katniss have something about them that stands out. Esmeralda knows that Peeta has no problem charming the people of the Capitol, he has even asked her what he can do, and she told him too honestly keep being himself. Peeta has a way to draw these people in whether he means it or not, which means that he could potentially get sponsors. Katniss, on the other hand, Esmeralda has seen her hunt so she has no doubt Katniss can handle herself, but she had her guard up making it hard for her to get people to like her if they don't understand where she is coming from. During their separate training she made sure to tell them everything that could possibly benefit them.

Katniss walks out of the room with Cinna and Esmeralda following close behind her, they stopped when they met up with Peeta, Haymitch, and Effie.

"Remember you two put on a show, don't go completely over the top but exaggerate words, its a staple here. There are sponsors in the crowd, and they want to root for someone they like those two to three minutes on stage are important but don't let that cloud what you are thinking" Esmeralda told them.

"Whatever happens from here on out know what I am trying to do everything I can for you two" Esmeralda quickly added.

"And just so you two know it's taking a lot out of her, she usually has much more attitude that this but-" Haymitch was stopped mid-sentence by Esmeralda.

"This is why I would prefer to stay in the back" she said.

Effie told them that Katniss and Peeta had to get in line.

Esmeralda and Rye were waiting in line waiting for their turn to be on the stage. Cinna had given her a button to push on her dress that will light the embroidery on her dress and crown all at once. Cinna wanted to make an impression that would last, because he knew the flame in her would not go out.

Finally, after 22 tributes, Cesar called her to the stage, once she got up she sat down on the chair that was placed at an angle to see the audience and Cesar.

"Esmeralda, what a beautiful name" Cesar said.

"Thank you my parents always told me that they had spent forever trying to figure out what to name me. My mother wanted Esme, and my father wanted Alda. So compromise I guess" she had let out a light hearted laugh while the audience awed.

"Well isn't that just brilliant," Cesar said then moved on to the questions he had, "So what's the first thing you are going if you are the Victor of the 66th Hunger Games when going back to District 12? Go to mom and dad?"