Victor's tour

Victor's Village is usually quiet, it's always been Haymitch and Esmeralda, they are the only two that could hear each other's screams. Haymitch constantly checking up on Esmeralda, was the father figure that she needed when she got back from her games, so Haymitch will gladly make sure she's okay. And Esmeralda will do the same for Haymitch, they have a bond that other mentors don't have with each other.

Today Esmeralda tried hunting again, she has taken baby steps to get to the way she used to hunt but after her games it was hard not to see the faces of the fallen tributes that she had seen. To make it easier on both of them, Esmeralda and Katniss went hunting together, as they were watching the sunrise against the forest by their houses, someone creeped up behind them. Since both had their weapons, Katniss drew her bow and Esmeralda had a knife ready to throw then the person yelled out to stop.

"Hey hey it's just me" the person told them.

"Gale you can't do that anymore" Katniss explained to him.

"Gale this is Esmeralda. Esmeralda this is Gale" Katniss introduced them to each other.

"Of course, my family knew you before the your games, your father would bring my father rabbits after they worked in the mines"

"Oh your a Hawthorne?" Esmeralda asked to which he nodded.

"Well I can see you two are hunting, I just saw a bunch of turkeys, they just crossed in front of me like they owned the place, now that I'm working in the mines" Gales told the Victors.

"How rude of them" Katniss said in a joking tone.

"Lead the way" Esmeralda told Gale, as she watched the way they interacted. She could tell that Gale has feelings for Katniss and Katniss doesn't know what to do about it.

After about 5 minutes they finally make it to where the turkeys are, and both Katniss and Esmeralda release a bow and knife, respectively, and as it made contact with two turkeys, both women started to scream. Katniss seeing Marvel and Esmeralda seeing the female tribute from district 2 from her games. Gale tried his hardest to calm them down but after a few seconds they got the turkeys and left.

"Katniss I'll see you back at the village, we have to be ready to go later." Esmeralda told her leaving them alone.

When she arrived back to her house, it was quiet as ever but she found a letter on her desk in the office that the house has.

Dear thunder stealer,

Can't wait to see you, Dom and his sister have been talking about the news they have to tell you. Mags made a new finish hook that she said reminds her of you. I just want to see you again, but soon. I'll see you in District 4.

The face,

Finnick Odair, your constant headache.

Esmeralda smiled knowing that she gets to see Finnick again sooner that usual, and also because she hasn't see Dominic in what feels like forever. Since it's just him and his sister now he does everything to make her happy and sometimes that means just sitting in a room talking about random things.

Cinna was going to be at Esmeralda's house in about an hour but she heard a knock on her front door and then heard it open. Esmeralda went to go see, thinking it was Cinna she was shocked when she saw who was standing in her house.

"President Snow, what pleasure" Esmeralda said trying not to let the bitter tone come out.

"Ms. Theo what a lovely home"

"Thank you, please come in" Esmeralda said leading the say to her office.\

"So, the interview you had during these last games, so moving. You believe Peeta and Katniss are each other's hope?" Snow asked.