RUN

Katniss let out a stomach turning scream woke everyone up.

"The fog- the fog is poison, run" Katniss screamed to everyone quickly got up and started running.

Esmeralda grabbed Haymitch, while Finnick grabbed Mags, and the alliance ran, they didn't know exactly where they were running just as long as it was away from the fog. As they were running they heard a cannon go off knowing that another victor got stuck in the fog.

They were running as fast as they could put Katniss and Annie tripped, causing Peeta to go help the girl. But while doing so the fog caught up to him and he screamed in pain. He was able to get Katniss out of the way a bit, letting the dog only get her arm, but he wasn't able to get Annie far enough from the fog causing it to reach her leg. Peeta and Annie both screaming in pain, as the whole alliance slid down a small hill, giving them distance between them and the fog.

Katniss tried to pick up both victors but she couldn't. She screamed for help. Esmeralda ran to pick up, Annie with Katniss help but Peeta was still laying on the floor. Haymitch tried to reach Peeta but the fog got his left arm and he started to scream in pain.

Mags knew that Finnick needed to help the rest of, what she wanted to call, the team. She kissed Finnick and walked started walking into the fog. Finnick and Esmeralda both yelled for her not to do it but soon after they heard the cannon go off.

Dom and Katniss reminded them that they need to keep moving, if not the fog was going to reach them. Katniss on one side of Annie and Esmeralda on the other, while Finnick and Dom did the same with Peeta. They all started running while Haymitch cleared a path with his sword with his one good hand.

They started running quickly before they all fell and started rolling down a larger hill. The fog got each of them causing them to scream and look up at the in coming fog.

They all prepared themselves for the worse but the fog stopped like it had hit an invisible door.

Esmeralda turned slightly and accidentally touched the water that was in the little pond of water behind them. She screamed in pain, "the water helps, THE WATER HELPS"

Esmeralda pulled Katniss into the water because her back was severely chemically burned. Followed by Dom, who put his legs in first and tried his hardest not to scream. Peeta was able to pull himself into the water letting out faint screams and trying to contain the pain.

"Kat-Katniss help me grab Annie" Esmeralda told Katniss and each female victor from district 12 grabbed either arm and pulled Annie into the water.

Annie seemed like she was barely conscious, but the second she made contact with the water she screamed. She let out a scream that reminded Esmeralda of her first Games, causing tears to form in her eyes.

While holding Annie down, Esmeralda told Haymitch and Peeta to grab Finnick to put him in the water.

Finnick's screams are something Esmeralda never wanted to hear, they are something that made her heart hurt in ways she couldn't explain.

Finnick was cleaning his trident, and Esmeralda walked up to him.

"Mags deserved a world so much better than this" Esmeralda tried to comfort him.

Finnick didn't answer.

"I'm so sorry Nick I know what she meant to you"

"She was never going to make it" Finnick answered her trying to keep in all his emotions.

"Don't do that Nick, it's okay to feel something"

"I can't do that Es I need to keep my head clear and my guard up. There are 36 victors in here and we need to keep focused on that number"

Esmeralda knew that he was right.

Esmeralda left Finnick alone and walked over to Peeta who was drinking water out of the spool.

"Hey how's the leg?" Esmeralda asked.

"It's slowing me down"

"Peeta-"

"No Mera, don't mentor me right now please"

"I wasn't going to, I was just going to say, this is one of the things Snow did to you. He has done something to each of us. Yours is just physical, so you can be mad but remember you can feel like you are slowing down but we are here to catch you up"

"I thought that this wasn't a mentor moment" Peeta said with a light chuckle."

"It's not. It's a reminder" Esmeralda tried to contain her smile knowing that now than ever is she on display for the Capitol.

"Annie" Dom said softly.

"Es" Finnick said at the same time in the same manner.

"Peeta" Haymitch and Katniss said at the same time as the others, causing the 3 of them to look at the other three.

"Walk backwards to the rest of us" Finnick told the 3.

"Slowly" Katniss added.

Esmeralda did have to think twice about trusting the alliance so as such, on the other hand, is one to try to figure out his surroundings, that he faces the creature. Peeta started walking backwards towards the rest of the alliance, but Peeta and Esmeralda stepped on a twig that caused the ape looking creatures to let out a growling sound.

The creature jumps at Esmeralda, pushing her down into the water. Haymitch runs behind the creature and uses his sword to stab in straight in the back and pulling his little girl from the water.

The victors is fighting these creatures, when Finnick yells to get to the beach because he can see a clear path.

As they start running to the beach both Annie and Peeta get knocked down by one of the creatures. But out of no where two morphlings jump out behind the bushes and basically put themselves in front of the creature.

Annie and Peeta yelled to grab the morphlings and run.