Fear

Esmeralda hasn't stopped crying knowing that she has to go back into the arena, to kill people she has gotten to know and people that have gotten to know he weaknesses. Katniss, Peeta, Haymitch, and Esmeralda all meet at Esmeralda's house to talk before going to the justice building.

"I want you guys to know that even though we are all going into that arena together, that doesn't mean that I am going to stop helping you guys" Esmeralda told them.

"Combining our scores from each of our games we have a pretty high District average" Haymitch said hoping it will help them feel better.

They all started walking out to the Justice building, when Peeta stopped Esmeralda.

"Thank you for helping me last time but I don't think it's going to work but Katniss, she needs your help more than me so people help her"

"I'm helping her and Haymitch and you too Peeta, remember I told her I believe in you and that won't stop" Esmeralda told him.

--

"May the odds be ever in your favor, and as always ladies first" Effie said with a somber look and tone to her voice. Effie walked over to the bowl with two pieces of paper in them. She got one out and walked to the microphone.

"The first female tribute: Katniss Everdeen" Effie said trying to keep her composure as she said into the microphone and then walked back to the bowl.

"The second female tribute: Esmeralda Theo" Effie looked at the girl she helped raise after the games took everything from her and composed her herself for she knew she was going to cry.

"Now for the boys" Effie walked over to the second bowl with only two pieces of paper.

"The first male tribute: Haymitch Abernathy" she said with sadness.

"And the second male tribute: Peeta Mallark" Effie said trying her best to be strong for all of them.

Prim, Katniss' mother, and Gale put up three fingers up and the tributes followed, along with the rest of District 12. The peacekeepers take all four tributes back, and Katniss starts yelling to get a chance to say goodbye to her family.

"She at least gets to say goodbye to her family" Esmeralda yelled as she is getting fulled back by a peacekeeper.

"Change of plans, going straight to the train" the peacekeeper told them.

"Goodbye" Katniss yelled out to her family.

--

On the train they all sit in silence not knowing what to say. Effie finally gets up out of her chair and says "I want to get you two something, something gold" she said to Peeta and Haymitch.

"What? why?" Haymitch asked rather quickly.

"I have my gold hair, Katniss has her mockingjay pin, and Esmeralda has her flame ring. You two need something gold, to go in there and show them we are a team" Effie said confidently. Effie knows that there is nothing much she can do for them inside the arena but she can surly protect them and get them ready to get sponsors so they have a better chance of making it out alive.

"Effie thank you" Esmeralda told her while grabbing her hand.

"Okay so now, since this is a Quarter Quell, the Capitol has spared no expense. New tribute living quarters, new training facilities, a new state of the art arena. This is something no one has seen before." Effie told them while each of them look back and forth between each other.

--

Finally arriving to the tribute living quarters, they all go up to their floor. Esmeralda has seen Finnick, but she is trying to keep her distance not wanting to know if he's going into the arena, not wanting to know anything. Plus Annie once again seems to be not leaving his side. Jealousy is something Esmeralda doesn't like, in other people and especially in herself. She's not one to bite her tongue either so it's better to keep the distance before she says something that could be used against District 12.