𝟬𝟬𝟮 an unlikely duo

ミ☆ chapter two; an unlikely duo

Ethan Landry and Claire McDaniel were an unlikely duo.

Claire didn't even like the guy at first, if you could believe it. She was hesitant to let anyone in after the Woodboro massacre.

She grew accustomed to Anika long before she did Ethan. It was mainly because of how suspicious Mindy was when it came to everyone. It meant that if Mindy somehow trusted Anika, Claire knew that it was safe to trust her as well.

Ethan, however, was different. Her first impression of him was when she walked into Chad's dorm after he stole some of her conditioner without permission ( again ). Instead, she was greeted with the sight of Ethan flipping out over Star Wars, a franchise she had never seen in her life.

They stared each other in silence for at least a minute, then Claire mumbled something about coming back later and left, hoping to wipe the embarrassing moment from her memory.

Truthfully, Claire thought Ethan was cute from the beginning. That's exactly what she told her therapist, though she left out the part of not being too fond of him. Dr. Perez would've just told her to try, and she didn't feel like hearing that.

Most interactions with Ethan included eye rolling, teeth smacking, dramatic huffing, etc. Needless to say, Claire McDaniel wasn't the nicest person when it came to the Ethan.

Chad was partially to thank for their current dynamic. He had dragged Ethan to a party, one that Claire had been dragged to as well by her friends.

At the time, she had a very, very clingy ex boyfriend. He was more of a fling, truthfully. They dated for maybe a week, but the dude had serious issues. After she broke things off with him, and it seemed she couldn't escape him. Maybe Blake was stalking her, or maybe it was just in her head, but either way, she was still incredibly uncomfortable.

During this party, Claire was resting on a couch, tired after dancing for an hour straight. Ethan had plopped down next to her, and she would've told him to go away if not for spotting Blake, who had made a beeline for her.

Ethan noticed it and immediately asked why the stranger made her look like she had seen a ghost. She briefly explained the background, more concerned with finding an escape from the entire situation.

For once, he had found himself to be useful. Ethan kissed her without warning out of impulse. Claire had the urge to slap him, but she wasn't stupid. She worked out his plan before she could ruin it.