𝟬𝟬𝟴 horror looks you right between the eyes

ミ☆ chapter eight; horror looks you right between the eyes

between the eyes

"Claire, can we please talk?"

She let out an annoyed huff, one that was loud enough to the point where Ethan stepped backwards in surprise.

The group had decided to go through with their plan the next day, seeing as everyone was exhausted and needed rest. Bailey had cops sitting outside of their residence, though Claire still didn't feel like it was enough.

Nobody wanted to waste any time the following morning, so the friend group just crashed in either Sam and Tara's apartment, or Miles and Claire's, which gave Ethan the perfect chance to try to talk with her and plead his case.

Claire had gone to the sisters' room just to say her goodnight to those that were staying in there. She had also gone into their apartment to look through their belongings. It was definitely wrong, but she felt like she was losing her mind. She had to know if there was anything, anything at all that could incriminate any of them. Whether it was a burner phone, a knife, even something as obvious as a cloak, she intended to find it.

Unfortunately, she came up with nothing. She ended up with the same results after looking through everyone else's packed things as well. Claire believed that if there was meant to be an attack that night, the perpetrator would've packed the proper supplies. So, either they were all safe for the night, or Ghostface was just good at hiding things.

As Claire left the Carpenter's residence, a pesky Ethan made the bold choice to follow her out when she left.

Ethan felt guilty, but not for the right reasons.

He didn't regret killing Anika or Blake. What he did regret was not being more careful. For some unfortunate reason, Ethan didn't like the thought of Claire hurting because of him.

And if he had to lie to get back on her good side, that's exactly what he'd do. Even if he didn't want to.

"Ethan, there really isn't anything to talk about," she snapped. "They think I should keep my distance, so I'm keeping my distance."

"You can make your own decisions," Ethan responded. "Just admit that you don't want to be around me."

The McDaniel's eyebrows rose in shock. "What am I supposed to do? Clutch onto you like you aren't at the top of literally everyone's list?"

"You're supposed to trust me," Ethan spoke softly, his hands placing themselves on Claire's shoulders.

Her next words came out in a whisper, one that made her voice crack as she stared at her shoes. "I can't."