𝟬𝟬𝟰 expect the unexpected

ミ☆ chapter four; expect the unexpected

Ethan wasn't there when Claire woke up Saturday morning. It made sense, seeing as it'd be kind of hard to explain why he was in her bed in the first place, but he wasn't anywhere to be found, either.

Saturdays were like a haven for Claire. Most of the time, she didn't feel like being productive so she'd watch TV for the entire day like she was a bear in hibernation. And all the talk of Ghostface last night called for that.

She stalked out of her bedroom like a zombie after brushing her teeth, heading straight for the kitchen to drink something that would wake her up.

"You look like a zombie," Miles spoke from the living room, turned away from the television to look at his sister.

"Thanks," she deadpanned. The girl noticed her brother's attire. "You going somewhere?"

"Sam and Tara got attacked last night," he informed his sister, seemingly disregarding her question. "Ghostface is officially back."

"Fucking perfect," she cursed, pulling out a carton of orange juice from the fridge. "You still haven't answered my question, though."

"What's on your neck?" he inquired, swerving off topic once again. Claire's eyebrows creased in confusion and she pulled out her phone, looking at her neck.

Internally, she was freaking out because she hadn't realized a hickey had formed after last night's antics. Externally, though, she maintained a straight face and shrugged, "Oh. I don't know, maybe I hit myself somewhere and didn't realize."

For some reason, Miles was smiling, almost as if he was trying to refrain from laughing. "Funny. You know I ran into Ethan last night when I came in?"

Claire brought out a glass, twisting off the cap of the juice. "That's cool."

Miles huffed dramatically upon realizing his sister would never openly admit it. He had to say it himself. "You gotta be careful, Claire. You can't be fooling around like this anymore."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yeah, you do," he shot back. "You know what happened last time with Amber—"

"Okay, I get it," Claire cut him off harshly. After a beat, she spoke up again. "You've really gotta stop treating me like I'm your little sister."