𝟬𝟭𝟰 love made me crazy

ミ☆ chapter fourteen; love made me crazy

"I figured it out a while ago, so no, not really," Claire shot back at him, praying that he couldn't hear the hint of betrayal that hid beneath the anger in her tone.

Ethan ignored her. "Mindy was right. It was easy to juke the roommate lottery. I mean, all I had to do to meet you was room with a conceited, condescending alpha literally named Chad. Fuck, it felt good to kill him!"

The girl's mouth ran dry the more he spoke. This was the real Ethan that hid behind the dorky facade. The killer.

"This was your grandmother's, Sam," Ethan revealed, using his knife to tap on the beaten up disguise. "Nancy Loomis. Really runs in the fucking family, doesn't it? Speaking of family..."

"Wait for it," Bailey stated eagerly.

"My name's not Ethan Landry, is it dad?"

Claire was too stunned to speak as she watched the two laugh like it was some sick game. She was furious, that was for sure, but she couldn't do anything about it jsut yet. They had weapons, it was an unfair fight.

Tara's eyebrows dropped. "Dad?"

"Wait," Sam paused, her eyes drifting over the to the only masked murderer left. "If it's you two, that just leaves...Mindy?"

Claire knew it wasn't Mindy. She had been stabbed and was practically on the verge of death—she'd seen it with her own eyes. Everyone else was either dead or in the hospital. Or, so they thought.

The first thing they saw when the second Ghostface removed their mask was red hair, followed by the arrogant face of Quinn Bailey.

"Hey, roomies. You didn't see that one coming, did you?"

"Yeah, cause you fucking died," Tara replied.

"Kinda didn't, though. It was a good way to get off the suspect list. Stab Gale Weathers, stab Mindy on the train. That sort of thing," she explained. She looked at Claire. "Sorry about the whole train thing, by the way. I hope Ethan patched you up nicely."

"Fuck you," Claire spat, only earning a laugh from the twisted family in response.

"That part's kind of on you," Quinn continued. "This is your what, second time dating a murderer? You really have a type."

Tara was still stuck on the fact that Quinn was alive. "We saw you dead."

"None of you got a close enough look, and all I had to do make sure I was first on the scene so I could switch Quinn's body out for a fake one," Bailey elaborated as his kids split up in opposite directions. "Little fake blood, a prosthetic. You'd be surprised what a grieving father can get away with."