13: Vyrsa Enjoys What Earth Has To Offer

It appeared human boys did kiss, or at least this one did, and he was darn good at it.

In the addictive sensation of lips against lips, Vyrsa lost all sense of space and time. It didn't matter where she was: Earth, Isola, an asteroid flying free in space. All that mattered was Tristan being there with her. Stars could burn and galaxies could shatter, she wouldn't notice.

That lead on the whereabouts of astatine was definitely wiped from her brain. Who needed such things when this human boy could kiss so well?

Vyrsa flicked her hand through Tristan's slightly wavy hair. It was so soft and wild compared to her own obedient strands. Not at all fashionable according to Isola's standards, but she liked it. Not everything had to be strict and regulated.

If only her father understood that. Then maybe he would be more understanding of her fascination with alien culture.

And she certainly was mesmerized by one particular alien right now.

Chasing away thoughts of her certainly disapproving father, who she nonetheless missed, Vyrsa dove back into the kiss. Tristan's lips tasted sweet from the powder covering the donuts but they also had a slight sprinkle of salt, like the waves of the emerald sea back home, perhaps from those popping corns at the moving theater that he'd told her about.

His hand touched her neck, giving her a questioning look as if to ask if he was allowed. The sweet gesture made her insides feel fuzzy like the clouds in which the heavenly tigers dwelled. Vyrsa nodded in approval and soon fiddling fingers curiously explored her elongated ear lobes. The caress was soft and cautious, tickling sensitive skin. A light giggle escaped from her lips into his.

"Sorry," he mumbled. "I didn't mean—"

She silenced his apology with another kiss, parting her lips to let her tongue slip between his. With interest, she noted that humans' tongues were dotted with tiny bumps, unlike her own ridged texture, which made the experience even more delightful.

An interesting discovery, for science!

Eh, who was she kidding? There was nothing scientific about this experiment. It was purely for her own enjoyment, and she wasn't ashamed of it.

Letting the light ridges of her tongue slide across the protruding bumps, shivers cascaded through her entire being. It was as if their unique traits were created to synchronize into a euphoric experience.

"Tris! There you are!" A voice called out from the stairway that lead to the roof.

Tristan's lips parted from Vyrsa's. They both turned to look at another earthling—probably male as well, judging from the slight scruff on the cheeks—with hair that glowed golden like Isola's moons and upper arms thick as tree trunks from the remote swamp regions of her planet.

"Brody!" Tristan greeted the newcomer. "I didn't know you were coming home tonight."

"We got eliminated early from the playoffs." The human, apparently called Brody, sighed. Vyrsa wondered if humans also played Squidball, or if he spoke of another type of game. "I texted to tell you but go no reply. And when I got to the apartment you were nowhere to find and Bobby acted like she hadn't been fed for days. So I got worried."

"I'm fine," Tristan replied, once again finding Vyrsa's hand with his own. It was almost as if he wanted to signal to Brody that they belonged together. "No need to worry. And Bobby has been fed while you're been away, I promise. She's just trying to trick you."

"I fed her five times today," Vyrsa mumbled, feeling betrayed by the feline. It appeared Earthling kitties were just as treacherous as the Isolan ones.

When she spoke, Brody's gaze fell upon her glittering presence. It seemed he hadn't realized quite how... alien Tristan's kissing partner was until now.