15. Exposed

One Week, One Day, One Hour, One Minute, One second, One millisecond later

"Jeongguk, please. You can't just come like this!!" Taehyung exclaimed exasperatedly, his arms flailing like a kid throwing a tantrum. 

"I see no problem with my clothes," Jeongguk said nonchalantly and crossed his arms behind his back, his chest puffing up naturally as he looked away from Taehyung defiantly. A little wisp of his hair fell out of his tight bun and he blew it away easily, unaware of Taehyung gulping harshly at that. 

After criticising Taehyung about his clothing style for the entire week, Jeongguk ordered him to buy him better clothes and thus, after protesting for long, Taehyung was now ready to go to a mall for him. The problem, however, was Jeongguk, who was still dressed up in Taehyung's hanbok (another one) and even had his sword hooked to it. 

"I do!! Please wear something I give you, huh? Don't come like this. Please. For me, please," Taehyung begged. 

Jeongguk willed himself not to look at Taehyung, now knowing how fatal it was, but it was a hard task when the latter was begging him so much. And so he made the grave mistake of glancing at his puppy-eyed pout. 

Of course, he all but melted and nodded but looked away to preserve his finicky pride. 

And so he found himself in Taehyung's closet, giving his review on every single piece of clothing Taehyung threw at him. 

"Even beggars wear better in my Kingdom."

"Are you saying your Kingdom has beggars?"

It hurt Jeongguk's pride. 

It hurt him so much, his eyes flared up. "I never became the King. If I did, I would have eradicated poverty from my Kingdom. But you are diverting from the main track of the discussion. You are fickle-minded." 

Taehyung snorted. "We are discussing no shit, ajeossi. Only you are standing there, commenting on everything I give you and not being helpful at all," he said while sizing up a long-sleeved black t-shirt and a pair of jeans in each hand.

"Your language needs improvement. So does your vocabulary. You seem to be confused about how to address m-"

"Come on, wear this," Taehyung ignored him and handed the outfit to Jeongguk, who almost looked betrayed by how wide his eyes went. 

"Shh!!" Taehyung shushed him before he could say anything, "I won't take you anywhere if you don't wear this now. Not even if you make a comment on this," he said sternly. 

"But-"

Taehyung's eyes widened warningly and Jeongguk shut his mouth, resigning to his fate. 

"Good boy," Taehyung mumbled, chuckling when Jeongguk's eyes widened in warning this time. "Sorry, sorry, now get dressed," he said, laughing, "I'll be standing right outside, so if you need something, call me. Okay?"