35. Dad

Two Months, Two Weeks, Two Days, Two Hours, Two Minutes, Two Seconds, Two Milliseconds later

"What do you think about taking Tannie with us?" Taehyung said as he looped a ring into his ear piercing. 

Jeongguk, who was busy checking out how the black suit looked on himself, rolled his eyes and decided not to reply. 

"Hey!" Taehyung called, "I'm talking to you, not Tannie," he said. 

"He's your bAbY. Do whatever you want with him. Do not involve me," Jeongguk replied without taking his eyes off the mirror. 

Taehyung barely stopped himself from snorting at his boyfriend. He knew Jeongguk was jealous of Yeontan. Jeongguk had passed enough sarcastic comments about Taehyung giving more attention to Yeontan than him for Taehyung to not realize it. Still, he found amusement in bringing Yeontan up. 

"Of course, I wanna involve you! You are his dad as much as I am! You are with him more than me, in fact!" he said. 

He realized a few days ago what the solution to Jeongguk's jealousy could be. And the fact that Jeongguk froze and his eyes widened told Taehyung that his solution worked. 

"D-Dad? Me?" 

"Yes, you. You were there with me when I went to look for a puppy, you were there when I named him, you are always there with me, you are always gonna be there with me, of course, you're his dad too."

"R-Really?"

"Yes, baby, yes," Taehyung didn't look at Jeongguk. He was busy trying out different earrings and thus missed how Jeongguk's eyes suddenly teared up. 

"Y-You want me to be-" his voice broke and turned into a whisper, making Taehyung freeze and slowly turn around, "his father?" he asked in a whisper. 

"Oh, Jeonggukie," Taehyung abandoned all of his jewellery and rushed to his lover, grabbing his face with both of his hands. He playfully frowned and pushed Jeongguk's face side to side, squishing his cheeks in the process. "I'm saying you already are his father. I'm not asking you to be."

Taehyung could feel Jeongguk tensing up right under his hands. Jeongguk nodded and swatted Taehyung's hands away before looking away and clearing his throat. It looked as if he were blinking hard to keep his tears away, but Taehyung couldn't be too sure. 

"Is something bothering you, baby?" he asked. 

"M-Me? No. Let us go. We would be late otherwise."

"Of course not. We are an hour early, anyway. It's okay. Talk to me, Ggukie. Is something bothering you? Is the food not good? Are you not sleeping well? What is it?" 

The Vagabonds had long ended and today was finally the premiere. Jeongguk was going to be his official bodyguard there, thus the suit. 

"I d-don't-" Jeongguk frowned. What was wrong with his voice? Why did it keep breaking? He was a man. Men weren't supposed to cry. He must not cry.