45. The proposal

Jeongguk couldn't close his mouth

Jeongguk couldn't close his mouth. He tried his best, he just couldn't close it. 

"You're really doing this for me?" he asked Taehyung, his eyes shining with tears and showing Taehyung just how touched he was. 

"No," Taehyung smiled at him, "we are doing this together."

He had woken Jeongguk up early in the morning, half a year after Jimin and Jeongyeon's wedding, to bring him to the new land he had bought in a quiet area on the outskirts of Seoul. The plan was to get a traditional house built with all the modern technologies still being used inside. 

A blend of the old and the new. 

He had asked Jeongguk to come up with ideas for the traditional structure of the house. And so Jeongguk broke down. He sniffled and pulled Taehyung into a tight hug, patting his back and snuggling deeper into his shoulder. 

"What can I ever do to repay your kindness? Let me at least keep you with me forever. I shall make sure nothing ever harms you and your happiness. I shall make sure you live like a king." 

"Oh, god, cut my hand already," Taehyung mumbled and looked up at Jeongguk. "Marry me, then, you heart-melting harabeoji," he said with a little slap to Jeongguk's hard chest.

"Sure," Jeongguk smiled back. "But it is not you who is supposed to come up with the proposal. It is I who must do it. So plea-" he stopped talking because of the highly offended look on Taehyung's face. 

"I'm a man too, you memory-loss patient!! I can come up with the proposal too!! Fuck you for ruining this! Now shut up and just say yes!!" Taehyung exclaimed and knelt on one knee, taking a box out of his coat and opening it for Jeongguk to see. 

Jeongguk knew what this was. He had seen enough dramas and movies to know what was happening. 

"Marry me, huh? Marry me and make me your king," Taehyung said, looking up at Jeongguk hopefully. 

"Sure," Jeongguk said with a roll of his eyes and took the ring out of the box. Ignoring Taehyung, he began to examine the ring. "It is pretty," he commented after a while. 

Taehyung, who had stood up by then, grinned. "I know, right?!" he exclaimed happily. "You have a good taste and I have always known it, but I shall give you the credit now," Jeongguk said with a grin before getting down on his knee. 

It made Taehyung gasp. He had come prepared to propose to Jeongguk, of course, but what was happening?! Did Jeongguk come prepared to propose to him as well?! What a wonderful coincidence?! What a wonderful play of fate-

"YOU CAN'T STEAL MY RING AND PROPOSE BACK TO ME, YOU MANNERLESS DUMB HARABEOJI!!" he yelled, all of his romantic thoughts coming to an ugly crash when Jeongguk presented him the ring that Taehyung had just presented to him. 

"Shut up and stop ruining the mome-"

"I'M RUINING THE MOMENT?!"

"Yes. Now shut up and say yes. Will you be my King forever?"