vi.

. . .

INTERVIEWER: What happened after you'd made up with Graham and reconnected with the rest of the people you knew in Pittsburg?

CHRISTINE: The Six era began... Back when everything was much, much less complicated.

. . .

Chris was probably the happiest she had been in years. A few months had passed since she had made up with Graham, and she grew impossibly close with the band. Ronnie and Chris had continued their tradition of going to McNasty's after every shift, with the added bonus of seeing The Six play. Every night after their set, they would sit down with their two biggest fans at the round booth in the corner and talk about nothing at all.

"You guys would never believe who came in the store today," Chris said, knowing they'd all freak the fuck out once she dropped the name.

"Who is it this time?" Warren asked excitedly. He'd heard all the stories of the famous musicians she'd met at work; it was hard to imagine this one would top the others.

"Iggy. Fucking. Pop." She said, annunciating each word to show their importance.

The entire table burst into hysterics. Nearly everyone at that table idolized The Stooges, so this news was huge.

"And get this-he flirted with me," she said leaning forward.

As the rest of the table began asking her a million questions, Eddie scoffed. "Yeah right. Not a chance."

"No, he definitely did. I was there," defended Ronnie.

"It's just-isn't he more into 16-year-olds?" Eddie countered.

"You're just jealous because Iggy Pop would never want to fuck you," Chris shot back. The rest of the table watched the two hurl insults back and forth.

"You know what, I kind of get it. You do look pretty prepubescent," Eddie said with a shit-eating grin.

"You little–" Chris lunged over the table, but Ronnie grabbed her hips and pushed her back in her seat before she could reach Eddie. He was used to this.

"I'm gonna beat your ass one of these days," she said, pointing at Eddie, who still held his grin tight, unphased by her violent outburst. He was also used to this.

"I'd like to see you try."

Encounters like this were typical for the group, as they sat in this booth and shot the shit most nights. Chris was shocked at how well everyone got along, excluding Eddie and herself. Even Ronnie fit seamlessly into the group. He amused everyone as he frequently made passes at Billy, more to make him uncomfortable than anything else. Even he had come to realize his narcissistic behavior and moved swiftly on.

Ronnie, much to Chris' dismay, had become strangely close with Eddie. He liked Eddie's cynicism, much like that of Chris. He'd never say it aloud for fear of his safety, but he found Chris and Eddie incredibly similar. He figured that was why they argued so much.

After these nights at McNasty's, the crew often found themselves back in Chris and Ronnie's apartment, save for Camila and Billy most of the time. Both residents loved the company; it was boring a lot of the time just the two of them. Chris was tired of having one consistent friend in LA, so the boisterous group was a welcome addition.