xv.

. . .

EDDIE: The beginning of the tour was...rough. Chris was downright cold all the time. I didn't know what I could do.

CHRISTINE: ...I'll admit it. There was a point there that Eddie stopped deserving my hostility. I was dealing with my own...issues, and I started taking it out on him.

. . .

It seemed that Eddie and Chris were equally pissed off at one another. Chris was somehow still mad that Eddie slept with Camila, and Eddie was pissed at how she was treating him. It felt like cruel and unusual punishment; he'd apologized countless times already, and things had only gotten worse.

Chris had fairly successfully avoided Eddie for the first two weeks of the tour. She'd been spending a good amount of time with Rod, as he was the only one willing to spend time outside of the bus and away from the drugs and alcohol. They found they had a great deal in common. Rod's appreciation for other people's music mirrored that of both Chris and Daisy. That was a major aspect of their personalities that drew Chris to them. They could talk about their favorite albums and nothing else for hours on end without getting bored of it. That was rare.

Eddie noticed their closeness, of course. The more he saw the two together, the more heated he got. He hated that she was having fun with someone else and didn't seem to care about him at all anymore, while he was constantly thinking about her.

Pissed that he was missing out on all the fun everyone else was having, Eddie started leaning into the more reckless behavior that accompanied being on tour. He started accepting some of the groupie girls' advances, which he'd been turning down every time, too hung up on Chris to even consider it. Now, however, it seemed that everything he did enraged her, so he might as well do whatever he wanted. It didn't seem like she'd ever want him back, so he thought maybe it would be in his best interest to attempt to move on.

This only made Chris angrier. For some reason she couldn't explain, seeing him kiss random girls all the time infuriated her more than anything had in her entire life.

She complained tirelessly to Rod about it all, saying things like, "He's such a slut, he doesn't even know their names."

There was still a strange feeling in her stomach that told her that wasn't the reason why it bothered her, but she chalked it up to his sluttiness.

One day when they walked off the bus into a sea of adoring fans, Eddie was immediately pulled into a kiss by a girl in the crowd right as Warren was presented with a different girl's tits for him to sign. Behind them, Chris' path was blocked. She looked at Eddie, who was enjoying the kiss far too much, and rolled her eyes before forcefully shoving her way between them and storming into the venue.

That interaction flipped something inside Christine. She'd had enough of his shit, and she wanted him to know it.

That night, Chris could feel Eddie's eyes on her as she performed, and it bugged the fuck out of her. In between songs, she looked over to him and held his gaze for a moment before marching up to the mic.