xi.

. . .

INTERVIEWER: How did Daisy joining The Six change things?

CHRISTINE: Initially? It was fuckin' amazing. She humbled Billy in a way no one else could, and that loosened everybody up. It was finally just about the music.

. . .

Christine could not be more thrilled when Daisy joined the band. The two had become incredibly close friends, in part thanks to Simone's move to New York. Daisy was over at Chris and Ronnie's place constantly, and Chris felt more connected to the band than ever.

On her days off, Chris would join Daisy and the rest of the band in the studio. She'd been at Sound City the first day when they started recording the album and was not surprised to see Daisy and Billy immediately start fighting. Chris had been sitting in a chair beside Eddie with a tambourine in her hand to give her an excuse to be in the room rather than the booth.

Daisy brought an energy to the room that was lacking before her arrival. She was the only other force that was strong enough to rise up and meet Billy's tyrannical bullshit, and was able to knock it down gracefully.

Christine tried to hold in her laughter several times that morning. The first time came when Daisy walked up to Warren who had been in a conversation with Eddie about the girl's legs and asked him, "You know it's not my job to turn you on, right?"

Chris waited until Daisy retreated to let out a chuckle. "She got you, dude," she said to Warren, smiling wide. She loved having Daisy around; she kept everyone in check better than she or Karen could.

When Daisy asked if the song Billy wrote was about his wife and the rain, Chris felt like she would burst a blood vessel by trying so hard to keep a straight face. She wanted to look at Eddie more than anything, but stopped herself because she knew the second she saw his expression she'd lose it.

Chris did lose it when Daisy referred to Eddie as "that guy" when arguing with Billy that the album belonged to each of them.

Eddie couldn't be mad; not when Chris was sitting down beside him, allowing him to hear her beautiful laugh again after a long spell of silence. He just smiled as he playfully shoved her shoulder.

Chris was grateful when Teddy kicked both Daisy and Billy out of the studio so they could write and 'bond'. While she liked seeing Billy get knocked down a few pegs, their incessant arguing grew tired. Now she just had to figure out what to do with her free time.

. . .

"Come on, Eddie we saw that last week. I've been dying to see Tommy," Chris pleaded. Warren and Eddie had not shut up about Rollerball since they saw it, and Chris wanted to blow her brains out.

"It's a British musical, Chris," Eddie countered.