viii.

. . .

INTERVIEWER: How did you feel when the band went on tour after their first album?

CHRISTINE: I was sad about it at first, but after what happened...I needed the space.

. . .

Eddie and Christine's friendly nature only lasted so long before one of them had to ruin it. It had come to the end of the two-week break before the Six set off on their tour. The group was already planning on hosting a going away party before it swiftly changed to Billy and Camila's wedding.

Eddie had shared a bit too much during their drunken two weeks of friendship. He'd confided in Chris about his feelings for Camila, as he figured she'd know exactly what he was going through. And she did; she listened fervently and gave advice when it was asked of her. Their former enemy status meant she felt comfortable calling him out on his bullshit, too. Eddie couldn't believe how good it was to have her in his corner. He didn't think he deserved it. He felt guilty, like he was being paid to be her friend, even if that wasn't his motivation anymore.

Truth be told, he wasn't telling Graham everything. When he asked, Eddie just told him that she was doing alright. That there was nothing to worry about. And that satisfied Graham for the most part.

When Chris heard Camila was pregnant and marrying Billy that night, her heart ached for Eddie. She knew he'd be absolutely torn apart by the news. What she hated even more was that she couldn't get off work that night, so she'd be late to the party. She hoped he'd be okay there without her; not even Warren knew the extent of his feelings for Camila.

Chris had managed to get off work earlier than expected, so when she arrived at the house in Laurel Canyon, the party was still in full swing. She'd snagged an expensive bottle of champagne from backstage at one of the clubs she'd played last week for the going away party, but it felt even more appropriate as a wedding gift.

Upon arriving, Chris walked straight to the backyard as she heard the boisterous sounds of the party seep onto the street. She looked around for her friends, before being nearly tackled by an ecstatic Camila. She hugged her as tight as possible and said, "I'm so happy you made it. This night wouldn't be the same without you."

Chris hugged her back just as tight. "I'm so happy for you, Cam. I hope marriage is all you want and more." And she meant it. Camila was happy with Billy (somehow) and she wanted the best for them.

Billy walked over to the two girls hugging. After she peeled herself away from Camila, who was still hugging her tight, she walked over to a slightly less elated Billy. 

"Congrats, Billy. I'm happy for you," she said before pulling him into a hug.

As her mouth reached his ear, she whispered, "You better treat her right, or I'm gonna kick in your knees." As she pulled away, she laughed at the petrified look on Billy's face, before flashing a blank stare, showing she was serious. "I'm gonna find Eddie," she told the couple, patting Billy on the back before walking away.