𝘃𝗶. 𝗶'𝘃𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗲𝘆𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂

chapter six

chapter six

i've got my eye on you

    CORDELIA, DEAN, AND Sam had arrived at yet another motel

    CORDELIA, DEAN, AND Sam had arrived at yet another motel. Despite the chill in the air outside, the run-down motel waiting area was plenty warm. Small and rundown, but warm nonetheless. Cordelia and Sam had stayed back like the social incompetents they were and allowed Dean to arrange their rooms, leaving the pair alone for just a moment.

It was only a few days after the case in Wisconsin and Sam and Cordelia hardly had a moment to talk between that. Perhaps it was because the brunette was avoiding her best friend altogether, she knew he wanted to talk to her ⸻ but she didn't know if she had the heart to talk to him.

There was a sudden wave that'd taken over her. Like a blanket had covered her body and was weighing her down, a blanket of guilt, of grief, and Sam could see it, he knew how bad it was getting to her, and he, of all people, knew that if she didn't get something out, she was bound to explode at some point, whether it be at either Winchester or during a job, he didn't know.

"Hey." The youngest Winchester greeted, taking a seat opposite her on the few chairs strewn across the motel's main reception to make it look more homely.

Cordelia didn't say anything at first, only narrowed her eyes at the brunette boy, who merely gave her that gentle, puppy dog stare back. She sighed in dismay and leaned back into her seat, pinching between her brows she spoke up. "What?"

Sam rolled his eyes at her tone and jutted his lips out as he opened and closed his mouth in contemplation of what to say. "I just wanna know how you are," Sam held his hands up in mock surrender. "That's all."

Cordelia eyed him suspiciously. "I'm fine. Why are you asking?"

"It's just ... that case with Andrea and Lucas, I don't know, man. You've been weird since," Sam shook his head ruefully before a gentle chuckle left his lips. "You know, one of the things I always think about is how crap of a swimmer you are. Me, you, Jess, and Carter always went down to that swim hole and you'd cling onto Carter like your life depended on it ... but the other week, you didn't hesitate to jump in after Lucas. You didn't even think about it."