CHAPTER 4 (M)

~2024015

As soon as Taehyung entered the house, he was met with a strong smell of his favorite food. He nervously walked into the house taking off his stilettos.

He put his bag on the table making a sound on purpose to gain Jungkook's attention. Jungkook peeked from the kitchen.

"Hey, you are back. I am cooking Japchae."

He went back to cooking. Hearing no response from Taehyung, he again spoke.

"Go and freshen up. We can have dinner together. I am starving."

Taehyung just left without answering. He stood under the shower naked as the warm water soothed his sore body, calming his nerves a little.

He just stood under the shower for some time, thinking about a way to tell Jungkook about him being away from him.

He knew Jungkook wouldn't take it well. He would react the same way if Jungkook was away. He took a deep breath and walked out of the shower.

He soon changed into his nightgown and walked towards the kitchen. He back-hugged Jungkook, who kissed his forehead.

"Hmm... it smells so good Kook."

Jungkook smiled and continued with his work. "It's almost done. Arrange the plates and spoons. Wait, you must be tired. I'll do it. You just sit there."

"It's okay Koo. I'll do it. " He said breaking the hug and walking away but halted in his steps when Jungkook called him.

"Tae..."

Taehyung turned around and looked at Jungkook with raised eyebrows.

"Yes?"

Jungkook smiled and pecked his lips. Taehyung smiled closing his eyes. 

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Taehyung set the plates and forks on the table. Jungkook served them food and they started eating.

Taehyung was just rolling the noodles with his spoon deep in thought. Jungkook has been noticing him from the moment he returned.

Jungkook just continued eating and spoke sternly. "We will talk it out whatever it is. Just enjoy your favorite food for now. I cooked it for you."

Taehyung jerked his head to look at Jungkook, who was silently eating. He too ate his food. More like stuffed his mouth.

Jungkook took the dishes silently. 

"I'll wash them. Just put them there."

Jungkook paid no heed to his words and started washing the dishes. Taehyung took a deep breath and waited for Jungkook in the living room.

Jungkook walked into the living room wiping his hands with a cloth. He sat on the sofa far away from Taehyung.

He waited for Taehyung to speak but he was just playing with his fingers.

"Just say what you have to say Tae. You're making me nervous."

Taehyung took a deep breath.

"It's just... I-- I have a shoot."

Jungkook frowned. "Okay?"

"And it's a shoot in a foreign country." He spoke in a low voice that Jungkook almost missed what he told. Jungkook clenched his fist and gritted his teeth, closing his eyes. He wanted to punch something so hard.

He opened his eyes and looked at Taehyung who was looking at him in anticipation and a little fear with his beautiful almond eyes.

He took a deep breath, his boyfriend's face calming him a little.