CHAPTER-7

~20230416

Jungkook walked out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel.

He walked into the closet and changed into comfortable clothes, getting ready to sleep.

He was exhausted. Both physically and mentally. He was drained.

He laid on the bed closing his eyes, trying to get some sleep. He tossed around, struggling to fall asleep.

He turned to the side and opened his eyes. His eyes landed on their photo on the nightstand.

He smiled a little took the picture from the nightstand and stared at it.

Taehyung has a smile on his face. His cheeks were flushed. Probably because Jungkook was teasing him that day.

He remembers the day clearly. How Jungkook surprised him for his birthday after pretending to forget it.

He later surprised him with his room decorated with his favorite flowers and a beautiful bracelet.

He was smiling thinking about that day. How Taehyung had a pout on his face all day. How he cried after knowing that he just pretended to forget because he wanted to surprise him.

He was smiling, when suddenly the vision of Taehyung's glossy eyes attacked him like a thunderbolt.

He jerked from the sleeping position. The look on Taehyung's face. The pain in his eyes. He can see he was blaming himself. Yet, he didn't console him the way he was supposed to.

He put the frame aside and rubbed his face in frustration.

"What's wrong with me? Why am I unable to control myself?"

He shook his head vigorously.

"No. What happened today shouldn't have happened. What should I do? What should I do?"

He was lost. He hurriedly got up and searched for his phone.

He was getting restless and impatient. He wanted to hear Taehyung's voice. Only then he would be at peace.

He found his phone and dialed Taehyung. He waited for him to lift the call.

His first attempt went unanswered. He called him again.

This time Taehyung lifts the call for the first ring.

"Hello, Kook! Are yo--- I mean-- tell me, Kook."

Taehyung was about to ask if he was okay, but he recalled Jungkook's words when he said not to ask if he was okay again and again.

Jungkook understood his hesitations and he was the reason behind it.

Taehyung always talked to him with no filters. He gave him that freedom the moment they fell in love.

But for the first time, Taehyung held himself back from asking something simple as 'Are you okay?'

If he was okay before, then he was not okay now for sure.

"Ya. I just wanted to say. I'm so-- I am going to sleep. I just wanted to hear you say good night."

Taehyung smiled. Jungkook wanted to apologize but stopped.

This time it was not his ego that stopped him. He didn't want his sorry to be so blunt.

He wanted to apologize looking into his eyes.

"Good night, Koo. Take care. I love you."

Jungkook hummed and cut the call. The words 'I love you' ringing his eyes mocking him if he deserves his love.