13| the plan

-16.09.2021- Emilia

After my Sister and Parents left the garage to drive back to our Hotel it was only me and Christian in the Paddock. Checo was also in Singapore since Christian called him a few days ago. Max and the other drivers are all arriving on Tuesday so we had a few days to plan everything. 

"So Emilia you are really sure you want to do that? I mean I'm on you're side but are you really thinking you can do it Singapore is a really tough Circuit and it's also a night race which makes it a lot more complicated." Christian asked me after I explained my plan to him. 

"Yes, Christian I am more than positive about it that's why I want to get Checo on my side. So he could teach me this week how to drive in a Formula 1 Car. If he agrees to it." I answered Christian. After I said these words Checo entered the Garage. 

"Christian?" He calls out since he can't see anyone because we are in the back. "In the back Checo" Christian shouted back. After he said that we could hear footsteps walking towards us and not soon after that Checo stood before us. 

"Oh... Uhm who are you?" Sergio asked me as he put his eyes on me. "oh yeah I'm Emilia Schumacher Micks older Sister. It's nice to meet you" I introduced myself to him with a smile. "Uhm... It's nice to meet you too. Wait a second aren't you replacing me next season in the car?" Checo points out. "Yep that's true and that's exactly what she's here for. She has a plan which includes both of us. From my Side it's more than alright that she's driving the car but if you're against it we both understand it." Christian explained my plan to Checo who has wide eyes. 

"Uhm... sure I have nothing against it but how would we do it with the F.I.A. they are clearly against any of unusual stuff..." Checo started "That's covered already I was thinking about a voice changer into the mic of the radio so that it sounds like you Sergio even though I am the one driving" I let Sergio know into my plan. 

"santa mierda that's a brilliant idea. Emilia did you ever raced in a formula 1 car before?" Checo exclaimed and asked me. I shook my head which signalised Checo that we still had much work to do. 

"Alright that's a lot of work to do but we can do it. I would say we start in the gym training you're neck and head and then we use the simulator and after that we can start training in the car" Checo explained the plan how we train for the race. 

"Let's do it Checo" I said while giving him a High Five. 

Checo and I started our Program this afternoon where we met in the gym. We trained my head and neck muscles and did his usual workout. I was dead afterwards. 

We continued this workout routine every day on Tuesday we combined the workout with simulator work I thought it was going to be easy. Spoiler alert it was harder than doing my drivers license. 

On thursday Checo finally let me into the car. I was so excited. I only told my dad about my plan since I also wanted to Suprise Gina and my Mom. Christian walked up to me this morning when I entered the Paddock with a racing suit in his hand. "Goodmorning Emilia this one is for you" Christian told me and put the suit into my arms. I must've looked really confused, since Christian quickly added: "it's a suit since you will be in the car today because the first free practice is tomorrow and checo and I both think you're ready." I just nodded. 

We walked both towards the Red Bull Garages where I changed into the racing suit. It felt good to wear a race suit and I was so happy, that the other drivers had to do media all day so they weren't on the grid so that Checo and I could train. 

"Goodmorning Emilia are you ready to get into the car?" Checo asked me already standing beside the car. "Yes even though I'm nervous to be honest" I answered him. "Theres no need for that it's nothing really different than a normal car. Ok well the only thing different is the speed and that you have to box considering what tyres you use." "Here's youre helmet Emilia" Christian said while he's handing me a old helmet from Max. "Thank you christian" I answered him and put the hood over my head that only my Eyes and nose were free and put the helmet on top of that.